Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of adding a Flowmaster 40 series muffler to my 02 4.7L. I'm thinking of just removing the stock muffler and installing the Flowmaster with new pipe to the exiting location. Duals are a little too expensive lol. Any thoughts or improvements??

Thanks in advance,
Jason C.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I'm thinking of adding a Flowmaster 40 series muffler to my 02 4.7L. I'm thinking of just removing the stock muffler and installing the Flowmaster with new pipe to the exiting location. Duals are a little too expensive lol. Any thoughts or improvements??

Thanks in advance,
Jason C.

Itll be louder than stock and should sound nice. Go for it! :tu:

·
Registered
19 Posts
whats your budget? i spent 490 and got two magnaflow straight through mufflers and dual pipes couldnt be happier!... the endine sounds good with an exhaust thats for sure!

·
Premium Member
7,925 Posts
Sorry - can't get involved in this one.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Why not!????????

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What gives the low rumble without the raspy popping? Magnaflow? lol

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
What gives the low rumble without the raspy popping? Magnaflow? lol
There are many mufflers out there that dont have the popping sound. And no, neither of my Magnaflow made any popping sound.

18" Magnaflow single in / single out : Low revs were around 2-2500rpm / high revs were around 5000rpm

14" Magnaflow single in / dual out: Low revs around 2-2500 / high revs around 5000rpm

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That sounds awesome!! And looks sweeetttt!!! Thanks for the info. Do u know where u get the best price on Magnaflow mufflers?

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I forgot to ask this earlier. When I look at the Magnaflow mufflers, there are a lot of different body diameters on the mufflers. Does this make any difference?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
That sounds awesome!! And looks sweeetttt!!! Thanks for the info. Do u know where u get the best price on Magnaflow mufflers?
Thanks!

Not sure about the best price. I bought both of mine from Amazon because I have the $3.99 overnight shipping and Im impatient. :rolleyes:

I forgot to ask this earlier. When I look at the Magnaflow mufflers, there are a lot of different body diameters on the mufflers. Does this make any difference?
Different sounds, the smaller and shorter the muffler the louder it is. Just find one with a center 2.5 inlet and offset 2.5 outet if youre sticking with the single side tail pipe.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the info!! You all make this a lot easier than trial and error lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts