Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought it might be nice to get some good stories in one post. Last night I had two highschool kids pull up next to me in a brand new Silverado, naturally they were reving there engine. We both came up on a red light side by side (keeping in mind I'm lifted on 35's, and they are stock) I gave her the onion and put em in the rear view real quick. Three red lights in a row!!! I have never seen smiles turn into frowns so fast! Thanks again Toyota :first:

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
According to your signature, you truck is NOT stock: Your blacked-out tail lights add at least 10 rwhp :cool:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to your signature, you truck is NOT stock: Your blacked-out tail lights add at least 10 rwhp :cool:
HA Thats a very valid point!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
984 Posts
When you mean 3 lights in a row you mean three runs in a row right? like at a track....right. That's what I understood anyways.

For what it's worth, street racing threads (NOT THAT THIS IS A STREET RACING THREAD) being against the rules is just over kill. Every Forum has them, and it's going to happen regardless of it being against forum rules. It's been around before this forum and it will be around after this forum. Having it be against forum rules is not going to put a stop to street racing.

When did this change, it wasn't wrong when i first joined, you know when we weren't the fastest 1/2 ton around.

ANYONE WITH ME or am I wrong here?

·
Banned
1,363 Posts
When you mean 3 lights in a row you mean three runs in a row right? like at a track....right. That's what I understood anyways.

For what it's worth, street racing threads (NOT THAT THIS IS A STREET RACING THREAD) being against the rules is just over kill. Every Forum has them, and it's going to happen regardless of it being against forum rules. It's been around before this forum and it will be around after this forum. Having it be against forum rules is not going to put a stop to street racing.

When did this change, it wasn't wrong when i first joined, you know when we weren't the fastest 1/2 ton around.

Finally...some common sense!! I think everybody has done a time or 2 in their life. If you are obeying the speed limits and stopping at all light, which our OP was, then it is called driving!!

·
Registered
2,669 Posts

I agree, and where the righteous get their panties in a wad is that I don't think a few impromptu 0-60 sprints on a wide street is "street racing".

It's the jerk-wads who weave in and out of traffic, blow through stop signs/lights, haul arse through residential/school zones who should be tarred and feathered.

·
Banned
444 Posts
STREET racing is not a CRIME!!! I promote it..

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I also don't understand the rule against street racing threads. Is there some kind of liability issue or some other weird legal reason? If so then I can understand their reasoning. If it's just somebody with personal issues against street racing then there are a few ways to deal with that. Stop coming to the forums, don't click on the ads, don't donate money, or have a collaborative effort of a bunch of people posting crap loads of street racing threads everyday til they get tired of fighting it. Maybe one of the mods can step in and clear this issue up for us?

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
he never said he was street racing he didnt go into detail but it seems like he did 3 Tree lights and they were there everytime

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
Nice... and cater.. I feel the same..

Streetracing is not a crime!!!!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Can we sign a petition about this. Do away with the street racing ban. If I want to share with my fellow tundra brothers that I blew the doors off a Hemi or stomped a mustang GT at a light, I shouldn't be punished for it. Neither should anyone else.

CAN I GET AN AMEN!?!?

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Maybe we could get a specific section, like Off-Topic or something.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I wanted to post this but my last thread got deleted lol.... I raced a 2nd gen 4.7l and I beat him about 2 car lengths.... i'm sure it's the weight diff but i was happy "Bouncy Red"(a chick came up with that name:devil:) kicked it's arse.... and no i'm not gonna go against a 5.7 :D

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I am so surprised this thread is still here, I too thought it would get deleted. Just wait until the haters see this thread. I don't have any problem with seeing who can get off the line faster. If you are in control of your vehicle and not speeding then I don't really see a problem either.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am so surprised this thread is still here, I too thought it would get deleted. Just wait until the haters see this thread. I don't have any problem with seeing who can get off the line faster. If you are in control of your vehicle and not speeding then I don't really see a problem either.
Not to lecture because I've had my immature moments in life, but... I really don't think there has ever been a disastrous, deadly street racing accident of some kind that started with someone going, "WHOA, I really can't control this thing at all, I'm just not a competent enough driver to be doing this."

The old board I frequented when I had a different truck was full of stories that started with "I gave it just a little gas, got on it just a tiny bit to have some fun..." proceeds with "Next thing I know I'm upside down in a ditch" and ends with "I don't know what happened, just one of those freak bad luck accidents, you know? I was in total control but then the truck just LOST IT..."

As I said I'm not claiming I'm above the fray or lecturing, but there's people out there who give themselves WAAAY to much credit, don't even seem as humble about their capabilities as alot of pros are.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.