Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Sorry i know this question has probably been asked thousand times and i'm sorry for asking it again. I haven't been able to find the exact answer to my question so i'm asking for ya'lls professional advise. I have an 07 Crewmax TRD 4x4 and i'm wanting larger tires like everyone else. I'm going to purchase the LRO 3" kit and i'm wanting to put some Micky Thompson ATZ's 305/70-18 on my stock TRD wheels. I'm wondering if they will fit? I know i'm probably going to have to remove the mud flaps and trim the skid plate. Would i need wheel spacers also? Or would it be easier to go with new wheels? If you have any suggestions or some pics that would be great. And yes i'm a noob...

Thanks!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
you will need to trim the skid plate, remove the mud flaps, but it will still rub on the sway bar at full lock to the left. You will also have about 1/8" between the tire and the UCA.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Azardnut! Looks like you have the set up I'm looking to get. Do you think that 1.25" wheel spacer would help?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a 2010 Crewmax and just put nitto trail grapplers 295-70-18's on with a 3" front 1.5" rear lift. Skid plate trim and rubs something slightly on full left lock only. I have 1/8 - 1/4" vetween tire and UCA. The 1.25" wheel spacers solve all the problems, but you take the risk of rock chips on your paint because they extend beyond the wheel well.

Your tire is a little bit biggger than mine, and I think you'll be really close to the UCA without spacers.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I have a 2010 Crewmax and just put nitto trail grapplers 295-70-18's on with a 3" front 1.5" rear lift. Skid plate trim and rubs something slightly on full left lock only. I have 1/8 - 1/4" vetween tire and UCA. The 1.25" wheel spacers solve all the problems, but you take the risk of rock chips on your paint because they extend beyond the wheel well.

Your tire is a little bit biggger than mine, and I think you'll be really close to the UCA without spacers.
You mind posting some pics? That tire size is what I want next time around. Mind posting price you paid? I found 'em online for about 230 a tire (vs 270 retail??)

I read your post wrong.... I found the terra grapplers in that size for that price.

-rockstate

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks Azardnut! Looks like you have the set up I'm looking to get. Do you think that 1.25" wheel spacer would help?
Yes, spacers would help, but like one legged nun said your tires might stick out far enough to where you would get rocks flying up and hitting your paint. Maybe a smaller wheel spacer would solve both problems.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies guys. I can't find a spacer any smaller than 1.25" Is 1/8" an ok clearance? I do a moderate amount of towing and do air down the tires for beach riding. Mabe the 295/70-18 are a better choice but i'm not really a fan on the TG's. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
121 Posts
Add me to the list of guys that would like to have the lift and size but retain the factory look.. tis the reason why I have a lift kit in the garage waiting on me to make a decision.
anyone do a lift/w larger tires, I would love to see pics........
Thanks!:tu:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts