Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wandering if anybody feels a slight bump after a complete stop at a light. It comes right after or before taking off. I have a '07 5.7 SR5 Double cab. when I went to the dealer they said it is normal. That this is a big complain among Tundra owners.?

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
This ailment has been discussed at length. Please use the search feature and Im sure you will be enlightened!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes it will be normal the slip yoke will have a lil slack in it..especially if you have a lift or the rear axle has changed anglesa

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help. I just joined and still trying to get familiar. So thanks for the info.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Must be a Toyota thing.My 08 Tacoma does it too...
we had GM trucks and suburbans that did it too...i think its a slip yoke thing no matter who makes it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
~Also....

say what you will but it always seems someone says "should of searched".

Well.....

That would be peachy if the person searching is familiar with the common vernacular.

For instance:

I asked about "removing emblems" and searched before asking. What I should of been searching for was debadging (*not even a word, however there is a host of info on debadging).

Search for emblems and see what you get...nothing to do with debadging.

All I am saying is that knowing what you should be searching for is a big part.....if you know WHAT to search for you likely already know the answer.

The search, however helpful....is not always perfect.

~JH

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
~Also....

say what you will but it always seems someone says "should of searched".

Well.....

That would be peachy if the person searching is familiar with the common vernacular.

For instance:

I asked about "removing emblems" and searched before asking. What I should of been searching for was debadging (*not even a word, however there is a host of info on debadging).

Search for emblems and see what you get...nothing to do with debadging.

All I am saying is that knowing what you should be searching for is a big part.....if you know WHAT to search for you likely already know the answer.

The search, however helpful....is not always perfect.

~JH
It never fails to amaze me how people are somehow able to find this site, create a profile, and start a thread, and then complain how hard it is to do a search. There's a good chance they happened upon TS using google or a similar search engine, so I know they are familiar with the concept. It wouldn't be as time consuming if there weren't 5000 threads each for tire/wheel size, shocks, spacers, CAIs, etc. because people are too lazy to spend some time going through search results. Not tryin to be a d!ck, just sayin.:tu:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts