Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok let me preface by saying that my last truck was a 2000 lifted sr5 TRD Xtracab Tacoma. But it didn't do so well towing my boat! So I bought an 07 Tundra Doublecab XSP 2wd 5.7. I need to elimate the massive rear fender gap, it makes the BBS 20s look tiny. I want to improve ride quality, handling, looks all in one, don't care if I lower the tow rating a bit cause I don't need to tow 10,700 lbs. I do have a Welder, and access to a Plasma cutter, and any other tools I could possibly need.

So, who has done what and with what results? Right now, I'm leaning towards the Tundra Racing kit, or the full TRD setup.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
i'd recommend going with the tundra racing kit, but i don't know how this would change your ride quality. i had similar parameters so i bought some individual pieces for my 06 from them instead of a full fledged kit and they were top notch to deal with. they even gave me a good idea to go along with what i was planning that should make things work out for the better. if you went with the tundra racing kit you'd be getting "proven results" and you would have both the option to put her back to stock or remain lowered should you choose to sell later on. i had to think outside the box a bit to get what i was looking for. i have yet to bolt everything on so far, and i think it's going to work out fine.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts