Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Sequoia and I have only had it a couple of months. I have noticed ever since i have had it that when I start to go up a hill after I leave my house I hear one CLICK coming from the Dashboard closest to the clock and then about 1-2 seconds later another click. It only occurs within the first few minutes of driving then never again until I start the car back up. THis will occur anywhere from a minute to 3 minutes of driving and I can't figure out what it is. I can have the AC off and the Radio off , the fan off etc but I always hear this click, it does not sound like it is doing anything bad but I am curious if anyone knows what it is ?

Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
does anyone with an 05 hear a click on click off switch when they start driving. I am trying to figure out what the switch is but since it is not under warranty I was hoping for advice here. It only turns on and off once right after I start driving and it is definately some kind of switch but I have no idea what

·
Registered
76 Posts
does anyone with an 05 hear a click on click off switch when they start driving. I am trying to figure out what the switch is but since it is not under warranty I was hoping for advice here. It only turns on and off once right after I start driving and it is definately some kind of switch but I have no idea what

My Tundra doesn't have this noise from the dash and their basically the same vechicle except for the heating and cooling controls maybe it has to do with something with the climate control a relay of some sort I'm not familiar with the controls but see if you can turn off the climate control and then see if you hear the noise and then turn it back on if not it was worth a shot good luck Rob

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply, I can have the AC off on the fan off and on and it still does it. It really seams to be some sort of relay that controls the shifting of the transmission because if I start out slow it won't do it until I get to our first hill but if I give it a lot of gas it will do it within a few feet of me pressing on the accelerator. It is very off but definately sounds like a relay switch. It does not affect the performance and it only can be heard one time as it clicks on and off I pressume and never again until the truck is turned off and then back on :confused:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I believe that would be your ABS doing a diagnostic or check when you pass a certain speed. Do a search for abs clicking and you'l get the jest of it. basically your good to go get used too the clicking. I have a 2003 and it does it when I leave the neighborhood all the time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My car does it too. When I just bought it, I found a note in the manual or somewhere with all my paperwork that says you will hear a clicking noise when the car first starts up. I forgot what it had to do with, but the note said it was completely normal. What you describe is exactly what I have on my new car and I assume it is normal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts