Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen. I have a random noise coming out of my truck, the only way I can think to describe it is, its like dropping a peice of ready rod, or welding rod on concrete..I dont know any other way to describe it! It seems to happen randomly as well. Turning left or right, accelerating, decelerating, dosen't seem to matter! Im baffled as to what it can be! FYI, my truck is a RCSB 4x4 5.7 with a little over 36,000 miles. I just had the fluids in the diff and transfer case changed...the noise has been there for awhile now, before the new fluids, I thought maybe it was something to do with the rear gears, but they said the fluid looked fine. That was at a quick lube place, not Toyota.
Thanks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I hope you don't believe anything they tell you at a quick lube place....sounds like you either have something loose or you have something rolling around in the bed of your truck. do you have the under seat storage box? Is your spare tire secured correctly?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope you don't believe anything they tell you at a quick lube place....sounds like you either have something loose or you have something rolling around in the bed of your truck. do you have the under seat storage box? Is your spare tire secured correctly?
Nothing rolling around in the bed, its not coming from inside the truck, my spare is secured, Ive checked under the truck to see if anything is loose, and I haven't found anything. Im mechanically inclined, just dont have a shop or garage to do my own fluid changes yet. Im just seeing if anyone else has had this issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts