Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Home Depot last night and parked my truck on the very end far away from other cars on the lot. Came back with a Nissan Pathfinder too close at my truck.....Check the drivers side for any scratch or dent it's kinda dark so I thought its good to go...Guess what? I overlooked a dent at the passenger door I just saw it today and I was so pissed...I can't believe it that stupid driver...I'm going to a dent doctor tomorrow and this is not gonna be fun...

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
that sux. shoulda signed his driver door with your redwings.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I was in Home Depot last night and parked my truck on the very end far away from other cars on the lot. Came back with a Nissan Pathfinder too close at my truck.....Check the drivers side for any scratch or dent it's kinda dark so I thought its good to go...Guess what? I overlooked a dent at the passenger door I just saw it today and I was so pissed...I can't believe it that stupid driver...I'm going to a dent doctor tomorrow and this is not gonna be fun...
I'm curious how the dent doctor thing goes. I've got a super small ding in my driver's door you can see only if the light catches it, however when I walk up to the truck my eye hunts for it.

I suspect it was caused by, sigh, another Tundra. I notice a guy getting his windshield replaced at work and the company doing the work was parked next to me. However since the work truck was another Tundra at stock height, and the ding is higher than normal, it seems illogical the door on the other Tundra caused the ding.

I park nose-in, and the work truck backed in. I park as far away as possible from all other vehicles - you just can't win somedays...

·
Registered
21 Posts
My condolences to both of y'all.:(

I would be extremelly pist if that happened to my truck.

I wouldn't mind so much after a couple years...Things like that are bound to happen.

Just remember the title of a rap song.. "Shake them haterz off!"
:cool:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
i acctually will browse the lot for a space between 2 cars that I like.. parking far from everyone else never has helped me in the past

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm curious how the dent doctor thing goes. I've got a super small ding in my driver's door you can see only if the light catches it, however when I walk up to the truck my eye hunts for it.

I suspect it was caused by, sigh, another Tundra. I notice a guy getting his windshield replaced at work and the company doing the work was parked next to me. However since the work truck was another Tundra at stock height, and the ding is higher than normal, it seems illogical the door on the other Tundra caused the ding.

I park nose-in, and the work truck backed in. I park as far away as possible from all other vehicles - you just can't win somedays...

I Called the body shop and they going to charge me $75.00 to do it:cry: ...I don't have a choice but to fix it

·
Registered
81 Posts
My sympathies. I have had good luck with "paintless" dent repair for small dings and dents. It has bailed me out of being hit by stupid driver's doors and then there was the time I let my lawnmower roll into my old Tundra. I have used Dent Wizard and then another time the service was provided by my Toyota dealer. Worked well. So far been OK with my '07 but there will be first time someday ....

·
Registered
699 Posts
came out of the mall yesterday and the frontend of my truck was all banged in. theres no paint transfer, it actually looks like someone kicked it. I just hate some people. going to the body shop right now to see what it will cost, because I'm going to traid it in.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to the Dent Guy it's like nothing happened at my door....He did a great job for a little $75.00...When they going to put a door guard on the new Tundra...any ideas?

·
Registered
115 Posts
well its done and over with...the curse has happened..hopefully it wont happen anymore.....

and no...

siliva dont take out door dings.....(tried that a few times already)

i feel for you..

Lemon

·
Registered
932 Posts
I feel for ya, I was gonna say, just go find the farthest spot you could find, even farther out than you were, then I saw you were in Pasadena. Lucky you even found a spot, much less on the end...:p
Glad it all worked out, I need to go myself, my truck is an 03, the only ding is the one my son put in it with a frisbee when it was 2 days old:cry: Not that bad, but still bothers me, should go get it fixed I guess...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought an 07 Red LTD Crewmax 4X2, gorgeous truck. Went to the mall and some idiot dinged the driver door (quarter size). I could have **** bullets! By the way 48 miles on the truck at that point. I got it fixed by a PDR guy and it looks better, but still noticeable (the impact line of the other door). It just pisses me off when you work hard to get a nice truck, or anything, and other people just dont care or respect your stuff. Frustrating. Im not sure if big ol door guards are the solution...any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
621 Posts
Won't be long until we see a thread about someone's Tundra being keyed. If you have anything nice and or new it is a target to get keyed. Too many azzhats in this world.

·
Banned
888 Posts
Actually you do have a choice :rolleyes:
If it is in fact very minimal just live with it,the positive Karma will most likely prevent further mishaps.

Dont believe in such ? Get that trival issue fixed and watch what happens :eek:

I Called the body shop and they going to charge me $75.00 to do it:cry: ...I don't have a choice but to fix it

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just bought an 07 Red LTD Crewmax 4X2, gorgeous truck. Went to the mall and some idiot dinged the driver door (quarter size). I could have **** bullets! By the way 48 miles on the truck at that point. I got it fixed by a PDR guy and it looks better, but still noticeable (the impact line of the other door). It just pisses me off when you work hard to get a nice truck, or anything, and other people just dont care or respect your stuff. Frustrating. Im not sure if big ol door guards are the solution...any ideas? Thanks

Nerf bars, they park next to you, open their door and hit the nerf bar not your truck door :tu:

·
Registered
303 Posts
There's already a post here about some poor guy who thinks his neighbor keyed his door! Pix too.
I've noticed people in hoopties seem to aim for me in traffic! WTF!:mad: Haters!

·
Registered
174 Posts
What happens to people who buy a new Merecedes or BMW 7 series? Do they put up with the jealous types or the spiteful, vengeful motorists like we do with a new Toyota truck? It really does make me chuckle when I see a lady driving a new $60K Mercedes, and she shoehorns the thing in next to a rusty '88 Cutlass in front of the nail salon.

·
Registered
621 Posts
What happens to people who buy a new Merecedes or BMW 7 series? Do they put up with the jealous types or the spiteful, vengeful motorists like we do with a new Toyota truck? It really does make me chuckle when I see a lady driving a new $60K Mercedes, and she shoehorns the thing in next to a rusty '88 Cutlass in front of the nail salon.
From my experience it doesn't matter what you have. You can drive the cheapest car made, if it is new and clean, it is a possible target for people that key cars. You should see the My Vette Got Keyed theads on the Corvette forums. Happens to everyone with any make or class of vehicle. I have seen women shoehorn there new Escalades in between two beaters. Makes you wonder. Parking lots are the most dangerous places for our trucks. Gets me all........

1 - 20 of 24 Posts