Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I discovered that you can drive indefinitely without the chime going off without your seat belt if you drive under 13 mph. As soon as you hit 13 mph it will do its 45 sec cycle.

So my mod is the dont drive over 13 mph seat belt chime eliminator.
LOL

This may of been common knowledge.....but its new to me.

(AND STUPID)

THought I would share.

~JH

·
Registered
374 Posts
45 second cycle? You mean it goes off every 45 seconds in your truck?

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Hmm, well this one beats the "clench your buttcheeks to get pressure off the sensor" mod that someone posted about a long while ago.

-rockstate

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just wasted 20 seconds of my life, is there any way of getting that back?

·
Registered
374 Posts
You could stab yourself in the eye with a pencil! Trust me, after that those 20 seconds will be the last thing your thinking about.:D

·
Registered
70 Posts
My seatbelt chime never goes off for the driver, only for the passenger and that stops after 10 seconds.
Am I just special??

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Is it just a simple N/O switch that closes when the buckle is latched? A simple 3M scotch-lock between the 2 wires would turn off the chime and the light. I'll look at the wiring for the buckle when my wife gets back with the truck on Friday.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Why dont you just wear your seat belt people! BTW the drivers also goes off after about 30 seconds or so.

·
Registered
819 Posts
HERE we go!!:angrywife::D
I knew it would not take long for someone to say something like this. :eek: I sometimes dont use the belt in the neighborhoods we are building in if I am going house to house. I was just taught put seat belt on when getting in the car and also lock the house door when coming in or out.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I knew it would not take long for someone to say something like this. :eek: I sometimes dont use the belt in the neighborhoods we are building in if I am going house to house. I was just taught put seat belt on when getting in the car and also lock the house door when coming in or out.
I'll join you, I just don't see the point of not wearing your belt unless you are at a job site or something... I don't know I don't even notice it being on. Question though if you don't wear the belt and the chime goes off, after the chime stops is that it or does is cycle back on after a while??

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Boys, boys, two other possibilities:

1) Get the dealer to turn off the d*mn chime - use TechStream.
2) Remove the dash, change the ugly amber LEDs and while there clip the little noise maker off of the board.

See how easy that was?

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Question though if you don't wear the belt and the chime goes off, after the chime stops is that it or does is cycle back on after a while??
If your speed drops below 10 mph (or thereabouts).........Yes.

I don't buckle my seatbelt to swap cars around in the driveway and the friggin beeper makes me want to run into heavy traffic with my arms in the air.
If you like wearing your seatbelt, then wear the fool thing. I like choices. I choose not to wear it every time I set foot in my truck.
My dealer would NOT shut the noisy mofo off.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
If your speed drops below 10 mph (or thereabouts).........Yes.

I don't buckle my seatbelt to swap cars around in the driveway and the friggin beeper makes me want to run into heavy traffic with my arms in the air.
If you like wearing your seatbelt, then wear the fool thing. I like choices. I choose not to wear it every time I set foot in my truck.
My dealer would NOT shut the noisy mofo off.
I will never understand this, but I guess it should be your choice

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not to stir a debate about seat belt usage but the REASON I know the seat belt chime wont go off until you reach 13 mph is because I use my truck as a service vehicle in a closed compound and drive anywhere between 100 yards to 1/4 mile....every 15 minuets to hour all day most days and rarely get over 15 mph.

There are times that I would be at the end of where I needed to go before I could get my seat belt on.
I do use my seat belt when I am driving on the roads....(*also believe this is a persons choice and shouldnt be forced by government or truck)

I did the DVD case dummy clip mod posted on this forum and it works great.....or drive less then 13 mph!

~JH

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Not to stir a debate about seat belt usage but the REASON I know the seat belt chime wont go off until you reach 13 mph is because I use my truck as a service vehicle in a closed compound and drive anywhere between 100 yards to 1/4 mile....every 15 minuets to hour all day most days and rarely get over 15 mph.
~JH
I just can't imagine YOU going 1/4 mile under 15 MPH! :D You must be the most frustrated person there is at work!!! LOL The headline reads: A new 1/4 mile world record for SLOWNESS by JohnnyHotnuts!

>>bigMo

1 - 20 of 42 Posts