Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was looking for some ideas on how to install a sub and an amp in an access cab tundra without removing any seats. Pictures will be apreciated.

thank you

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Mmmmm, if you look in my photos I took a picture of my amp in the compartment. The install is cleaner now, but at the time of the pic I wasn't worried about the wires. As far as the sub, mine is where my seat was, so that's not any help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry, don't have an answer, but how do you post questions on here? I signed up this morning & posted something but it's in blog & is not under new posts. Please help.

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You will have to remove the seats, but, you can put them back.

Some pics here on my 2000. Need help, drop a line.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/665303/6
Does the seats just bolt back in place??? I am looking at keepinf one storage big for exactly that and the other one I would like to seal off with some dynamat and install a 10" sub there abd an amp behind the seats. That would be ideal.

Thank you all for the good infoe thus far. Any recomendations on a 5 channel amp that is not going to cast me an arm and a leg? i am not looking to breat SPL records just nice clear sound.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
The rear seat is easy to pull out and put back. There are 4 (or 5) bolts on the bottom. If you lift the seat sections up, you can see them. I think 12mm or 13mm, it's been years. Once you remove those bolts, the seat is held in by hooks on the top of the backrest. Just kind of wiggle it and lift straight up and it comes right out. It weighs about 50 pounds, as awkward as the shape is an extra set of hands is nice. I just used my legendary BIG GUNZ to yank mine.:D

You can mount what the amp back there, it will take a little planning but there's lots of room for one, especially in the center near the floor. The seat goes back on easy. Just hang the hooks, it will drop in place. Then put your bottom bolts back in. If I planned on keeping my back seat I'd mount my amp there too, but I always knew that seat would become a garage bench. Not only is that a clean hidden spot, but it's hard to imagine your amp getting stolen if it's back there.:tu:

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so I pulled the seat and there is no way my amp will fit there. the amp is 9" wide 22" long and 2.5" high. How am I going to make this work with out removing the seats...??? jbtoy, I see you removed the air vents behind the seats any regrets to doing so?

·
Beer Me
1,676 Posts
amps will fit behind the back seats..... subs...you gotta get creative

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
jbtoy, I see you removed the air vents behind the seats any regrets to doing so?
Actually, I did not remove the air vents. My amps are installed on an angle with spacers if you look closely in my pics. This keeps them functional if you will. I have had no problems with the setup.

·
Beer Me
1,676 Posts
if you look in my pics i removed the air vents and sound deadened the whole back wall, if i can fit my zapco dc reference amps back there you can fit yours... it wont hurt the amp if the back of the seat touches them when it goes on, just get the bolts started and it might be a tight fit but it wont hurt anything...just mount the amp as low as you can, if your worried about hittin your amp just space out the bottom of the seat with some washers...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts