Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, my name is mark and im the proud owner of a 2003 toyota tundra, I have recently installed the Jensen VM9311TS head unit and I currently have two 12" low profile TS-SW3041D pioneer subs in custom sealed boxes under my rear seat..

My question is I was doing some research these subs are 1400w max each and have an rms rating of 350 each, I just purchased two Pioneer GM-5300T 2 channel amps 760w max and 380w rms bridged @ 4ohms each, the subs are single voice coil and are 4ohms each..so with the dual setup amp wired in series of course 1 sub per amp does this sound like it should work ok? I've been told over and over again not to pay attention to the peak wattages that are given and to stay focused on rms and ohms..any input would be helpful thanks!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sounds good!!! One sub per amp will get you pretty much or close to the max output from both your amps and subs. Thats a perfect match, IMO.:tu:

Honestly I would have went with a system like Elemental Design's SQ10 2 10'' subs wich can be bought in 2ohm versions and a Nine.2x amp that would put out 300 watts rms to each 2ohm sub. I don't really know how much you spent for your equiptment, but if I had to guess... I would think the equiptment I suggested would be pretty close to what you spent. I would just rather have 1 amp to power both subs.

That is just my preference, I'm sure your gonna get great results with your set up. I also only go by RMS and not by peak power.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
rms goooood, peak baaaaad.

one JL 500/1 & one 10W7 :p

·
Registered
80 Posts
if it is a daily driver I would not push my subs too far beyond their rms rating. The max rating is power you can give for a very short period of time. Also, it would be better to get a one channel amp to power your subs, that way each sub has exactly the same power and you don't have to worry about getting both amps set up exactly the same to try and get the same response out of each sub. But, if you don't mind spending the extra time to set up your amps, those pioneer amps will power your subs fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah thanks for all the feedback guys I got all the stuff installed in tonite and it sounds great , And yeah corey Heres are some pics of the subs

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont have any atm but ill work in getting some uploaded, im in the middle of redesigning the boxes i made once I get them all fixed up ill post back on here with pics

1 - 8 of 8 Posts