Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been searching threads high and low and have yet to figure out how to make my sub enclosure work properly. I have an 8" JLw3 and I am looking to mount it under the rear drivers side seat. It will likely be centered and the top will be made from MDF, with rubber gromets to limit the plastic on the seat bottom from touching the woofer at full excursion, or something. Either way I think I am going have to beat the metal pan to shape to fit the magnet.

I always see photos of the finish product or the subs setting on the MDF panel. Can someone provide me with direction to properly seal this enclosure.

Do you fiberglass the inside then screw the mdf down into the metal.

As you can tell I have no idea on exactly how to do this but I know I can if i have direction. If someone has photos of how they did it that would be awesome as well.

:boink:

·
Registered
6 Posts
for best application, I agree with defhaps. But if you are looking for a simple installation of an aftermarket baffle, then I would dynomat (or some other sound deadening material) to "seal" the metal enclosure underneath the seat and then I would put some sort of airtight sealant down between the baffle and the enclosure. If you want to skip most of this, you can find a box on ebay for about $100 built for two 8" subs. Or you could just make you own for less than half that. Just depends how much work you want to put into it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
This summer I plan on fiberglassing the compartment, then attaching a MDF baffle to the top of the enclosure, not screwing it to the metal as you suggested. I 'googled' how to work the glass and there are plenty of instructions on how to do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts