Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 SR5 without JBL and have been upgrading the entire sound system one piece at a time. Everything sounds great now, but system needs more base, so I was thinking about installing two 8 inch or two 10 inch subs in the aft under floor storage area just behind the floor jack. I have already ran a fused 6 gauge power cable from battery all the way to rear of my Sequoia. Do you guys know if this area will work for subs or do you think everything will vibrate like crazy? Its about 6 inches deep, 11 inches wide and about 4 feet in length.

·
Registered
81 Posts
In order to have nice, clean and crisp B-A-S-S you need to have subwoofers in an enclosure / enclosed space that is sealed and tight enough to support the air displacement that subwoofers produce. For example, when professionals intall sub's into a typical trunk they will use Dynamat barrier to line the enclosed space in order to cut down on rattle and distortion. Im sure youve heard it....an idiot with a 1989 Accord but a $2k sound system in it, and when the bass hits, the entire thing rattles and you can see the license plate rattling as well.

If it were me, I wouldnt install subwoofers into the back storage trunk. But thats just me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts