Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
I'm using the EF-80 8" 4 Ohm subs. I was all kinds of skeptical when I bought them since in my previous life as a competitor, 8’s were used for midbass (inside joke with the Rockford technical trainers there). I have been amazed at how low they play and how accurate they are. Other people I have had in the truck have been amazed also. The amp has NO problem handling the 2 Ohm load since it puts out the same amount of power at 2 Ohms as it does at 4 Ohms. I tried them at 8 Ohms and they didn't have enough output at that impedance. The amp will do just over 1000 watts in to that load but I’ve measured the power at normal listening volumes and am getting between 50-200 watts a driver depending on the volume level. The amp maintains really good control of the drivers also since the cones are barely moving (visibly not flopping around) when I get a little free with the volume knob.

I hope I don’t break any rules major rules on the forum but I got the package at Woofersetc.com. They still have the package I got for 599.00 which is a smokin’ deal for all that you get. Here is the package name:

CDT Audio HD-62US - CDT Audio Complete UpStage Component System Now with Built-In UpStage Design!
Including FREE 2 e/a EF-80 8" cast Versabox subwoofers

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I'm going the Q-Logic route in my 2006 Tundra Access Cab w/captains chairs. I'll be running two 8" Image Dynamic subs. My question is which amplifier will provide adequate power for the subs and still fit under one of my front seats? mc71457 says that he using a Treo Engineering amp. I couldn't find any dimensions listed for the Treo. Will it fit under my seats? If not, anybody know which amps will? Thanks all!

I real nice amp that will easily fit under the passenger seat is the New 2007 Rockford Fosgate 400.4. That is what drives my doors front and rear. The TREO Amp is last years model and it is very thin and fits easily under the drivers seat. I will get the model number.

my 8" RF P2 subs in the Q-logic absolutely rattle the windows with the Treo amp and the gain all the way down. Crystal clear but not the thuddd thudd of a rap song, which my ears are allergic to anyway.

Rush - Subdivisions, Outlaws - Green Grass and High Tides are phenominal sounding

·
Registered
5 Posts
ok. i have been trying to figure this out for pretty much 2 weeks. i have a 2005 tundra access cab, and i am trying to put a 8" bazooka tube into it...i got it today (bought from sonicelectronix), and started doing the measuring. where are all you guys who have bazooka tubes and access cabs putting them? just right behind the passenger seat on the floor?? its too deep (it seems) to fit in the passenger side rear storage thingie, plus theres something electronic (panasonic) there (obviously im quite in the know with this type of thing....but im trying to learn). i can handle hooking up wires and basic maneuvering....not so much on the tearing into the back seat of my new truck. help me please?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Most of us with access cabs, who put the subs under the rear passenger seat, use the Q-Logic enclosure. It accommodates 2 8" subs. I think that the Bazooka Tube is primarily intended for dual cab installations. BTW, the Panasonic thing is your factory amp! If you do a really thorough seach of this site, you'll learn a lot about Tundra audio upgrades. Good Luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
yeah ive been THOROUGHLY through this site, ive seriously spent hours looking for the answer to that question (stuck in the office), but nobody answered it directly, so i posted. i dont want to shell out the $$ for a qlogic box, and im pretty ok with it just being lashed behind the passenger seat. and thats the only audio upgrade im interested in..thanks though.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
You may be interested in the Kenwood powered sub that fits under the seat. May or may not have more output than the bazooka, but it will be hidden.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've got a pair of 8's in the Q-Logic box and they sound great. I constantly get comments from people that can't believe it's only a pair of 8's with 100W each. If you can, spend the money and get quality stuff and a quality install. My system smokes my buddy's system where he has a 10" entry-level Rockford Fosgate sub and cheap Sony XPlod amp from Best Buy with free installation. My local shop installed the stuff, tuned it for the music I listen to mostly (electronica, classical, and reggae), and showed me how to make any other adjustments as needed. I spent more than he did but since I listen to music 95% of the time I'm driving, I figured it was worth it.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
I've got a pair of 8's in the Q-Logic box and they sound great. I constantly get comments from people that can't believe it's only a pair of 8's with 100W each. If you can, spend the money and get quality stuff and a quality install. My system smokes my buddy's system where he has a 10" entry-level Rockford Fosgate sub and cheap Sony XPlod amp from Best Buy with free installation. My local shop installed the stuff, tuned it for the music I listen to mostly (electronica, classical, and reggae), and showed me how to make any other adjustments as needed. I spent more than he did but since I listen to music 95% of the time I'm driving, I figured it was worth it.

I see you have ARC and Morel stuff in your truck, very nice choice!!! Morel has always been a favorite of mine, although the ARC 8" subs are supposed to slam.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I see you have ARC and Morel stuff in your truck, very nice choice!!! Morel has always been a favorite of mine, although the ARC 8" subs are supposed to slam.
Thanks! Yeah, the ARC subs definitely rock! Before I got the Morels, I picked some Focal components but the mid was too deep for the door so we had to switch to the Morel. I'm not disappointed in the least.

My installer (www.caraudioinnovations in Roseville, CA) also gives his customers custom CDs with music to show off the dynamic range of the new sound system. I love em as they are always full of cool music I usually have never heard of before.

I also like to show off the sound quality with Acoustic Alchemy, classical guitar, or Count Basie. :) For my own personal listening, I prefer electronica though, either hard trance/dance or drum-n-bass.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I bought the JLA Audio Stealth box, which fits inside of your center console. you do lose the space in the center console, but this is located in the perfect postion being in the center of the truck. It houses a 10" sub and is directed downward, which then goes through the truck. I have owned it for over a year now and could not be more pleased.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm going the Q-Logic route in my 2006 Tundra Access Cab w/captains chairs. I'll be running two 8" Image Dynamic subs. My question is which amplifier will provide adequate power for the subs and still fit under one of my front seats? mc71457 says that he using a Treo Engineering amp. I couldn't find any dimensions listed for the Treo. Will it fit under my seats? If not, anybody know which amps will? Thanks all!
just bought volfenhag monoblock 1800 watt, 1.25" thick. has a fan and pretty blue lights. lol. a bit much for some 8's, but i'll just turn it down.

I was thinking of going with the MA audio MA800XL's but they reccomend .5 cubic ft. each, and the box only has .7 cuft. will I be better off with the ID8' 300 watt RMS that need less airspace or the 400 rms MA's

·
Registered
10 Posts
heard the RF amp has all the outputs etc on one side you can access them from behind the seat. also the MA's recomend .25 to .50 cuft. space, just bought them today, just need the freakin box now.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts