Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've Seen Two Ways Of Having A Sub In My Tundra. Under The Right Passanger Seat, For A Costly 200 Dollars For A Box. Or A Members Idea Of The Back Cup Holder Area.

Which Is Easiest To Work With ? I Was Thinking Under The Seat, But Wont That Muffle The Sound ?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Subs are non-directional, so under the seat is fine. You want to make sure youre box is built correctly with the proper air space and that the cone can move freely under the seat. Mine is under the seat and its working great.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks You For The Help, Im Guessing Under The Seat Will Be Best. Did You Make Your Box, Or Purchase It ? I Saw Some For Sale, But They Are Pretty Expensive, For A Box Hah

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I made my own, its really easy if you have a table saw or circular saw. I chose a sealed enclosure for cleaner bass, so the math was simple.... find the required airspace for your subs and build a box to match it.

It costs me maybe $40 to build my box..... MDF is cheap. There are a bunch of videos on youtube that can show you how to build them if you're not sure. Many videos on building fiberglass boxes too if you'll need to go down that road.

This is the box I built for my 07 DC. It holds 2 10"s and sits under the rear passenger seat.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I Never Really Thought Of Taking Time To Make One .. I Guess It Wont Be That Bad Hah.
Well I Have A 05 Extended Cab, That Cant Fit Two 10s, Can It ? I Was Thinking More Like Maybe, MAYBE Two 8's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts