Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first time posting here so sorry if this is the wrong section. I have a 2006 tundra double cab with the trd package. I recently got into stereo systems and want to put one in my truck. but im stumped as where to put a subwoofer in it, there isn't much room for it. I saw a picture where someone put one in the storage under the seat but that is much to small. any ideas, pictures? thanks for the help.:)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome and congrats.

Very few places to put subs.

There is a search function on the top right hand side of the tool bar. You probably will find the most info in the audio section. Type in "subs" and you will see a ton of useful info. If you have trouble searching give a holler and these fine folks will help you out. Here is a great place to start.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/foru...cab-subwoofer-upgrade-information/#post319245

Good luck on your truck.
Guy

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hi, this is my first time posting here so sorry if this is the wrong section. I have a 2006 tundra double cab with the trd package. I recently got into stereo systems and want to put one in my truck. but im stumped as where to put a subwoofer in it, there isn't much room for it. I saw a picture where someone put one in the storage under the seat but that is much to small. any ideas, pictures? thanks for the help.:)
There is very, very little room to put a decent sized sub in our trucks with any type of real box (for volume). I had dual 10's in a box under my rear seat in my F150 extended cab, and the amp fit nicely under the passenger seat. I was dismayed when I went to put that setup in my new DC. There's nowhere for a box, and very little room for an amp.

8" woofers in small enclosures are better than nothing, but won't come anywhere near 10's or 12's in a sealed, appropriate sized cabinet (all things equal). The front door panels accept a pretty good sized driver. There are dash mounted tweeters already. You could experiment with component type drivers in the front doors (woofer/mid combo) for bass, while installing a few 8" subs in the storage compartment under the back seat.

I don't think you'll ever get chest pounding 125dB bass in our trucks, but you can get audiophile quality sound with the proper head unit, and driver selection.

Why not take it to a local stereo shop and get some ideas. Those guys have put speakers in much smaller vehicles than a Tundra.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts