Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am interested in putting 2 ten inch subs under my back seat in the truck. Has anyone done this and if so do you have pics on how you did it? I am thinking i am going to have to cut the seat support out and weld in some new pieces to make a frame of a box then coat it inside with fiberglass or line x type material. I am not sure yet looked under there the other day trying to get some ideas. Any help would be greatly apprec.

·
2,444 Posts
Look around a little more. I read a post a while back where a person did this and banged out the bottom sheet metal under the seat to gain a little more room/air space. Then they lifted the seat slightly... some modifications on hinges I believe. If I find the post I will let you know.

Another member did a single 10 or 12 in his AC with an automatic lift for the rear seat. I found this one... check it out.
jl 13tw5, only needs 2 1/2 inches of mounting depth and .8 cf of airspace. - Photo Gallery

Pretty sweet!:tu:

·
2,875 Posts
I wish I could get my old kicker solobaric under the rear seat. My two lil shallow 8"'s are better than nothing but I sure miss that deep pounding that my l5 delivered.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I don't know how you AC guys ended up with more room under the back seat than us D-cab guys, but every time I see this kind of stuff it makes me jealous.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I don't know how you AC guys ended up with more room under the back seat than us D-cab guys, but every time I see this kind of stuff it makes me jealous.
A`sledge hammer helps, I just wish we had the space behind the seat that ya'll do. Any space at all would be nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts