Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just switched from a 2007 extended to a 2010 crew and need some recommendations for tonneau covers. Had a Roll n Lock but wasn't impressed for the money. Would appreciate some suggestions. Thanks

I do have the rail system and bed liner. :tu:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I like the Hard Hat Premier tonneau cover with the canvas material on top not the vinyl.Lightweight,easy removal,keeps everything dry,highly reccomend it

·
Registered
327 Posts
I've been real happy with my Undercover. Got it from Truck Alterations, where they really bent over backwards to get it delivered somewhere near my home in rural Wyoming.
Why Undercover? You can stand on it, jump on it, whatever. Still, it's light enough that my wife and I can easily take it off in a couple of minutes. We'll throw all the luggage we want in the back in just a few days. That keeps the cab free for me, my wife, my sister and my brother-in-law to enjoy a great vacation.
Downside for some might be the black, rough surface I have -- but I understand they now produce a paintable one. For me, fiberglass is TOO smooth (it's a truck, after all) and much too heavy...and it'll scratch when you use it for a grandstand and put camp chairs on top to watch the rodeo parade.
Another downside might be having to lock it in two places, but that only takes an extra second.
I didn't want a folding one. Can't jump on it. Besides, I though the solid ones would be more secure for tools & stuff.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I've been real happy with my Undercover. Got it from Truck Alterations, where they really bent over backwards to get it delivered somewhere near my home in rural Wyoming.
Why Undercover? You can stand on it, jump on it, whatever. Still, it's light enough that my wife and I can easily take it off in a couple of minutes. We'll throw all the luggage we want in the back in just a few days. That keeps the cab free for me, my wife, my sister and my brother-in-law to enjoy a great vacation.
Downside for some might be the black, rough surface I have -- but I understand they now produce a paintable one. For me, fiberglass is TOO smooth (it's a truck, after all) and much too heavy...and it'll scratch when you use it for a grandstand and put camp chairs on top to watch the rodeo parade.
Another downside might be having to lock it in two places, but that only takes an extra second.
I didn't want a folding one. Can't jump on it. Besides, I though the solid ones would be more secure for tools & stuff.
+1 on the UNDERCOVER! The color matched would be nice, but I do like the easy care material used. I also like the 2 lock system over the center lock. I also like that the Undercover is light weight, LED light included, strap to pull it down, no weather gets in, and I can stand on it to clean off the back window or roof of cab. The only downside is that in the ice/snow, it can be impossible to unlock. Love it for the MOST PART, especially for the cost........

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought the Extang Trifecta. I had one on my F250 and loved it. You can use it in the winter w/o worring about it shrinking and not getting it back on. It was $297.50 installed and out the door. I believe you can save some money ordering online but I did not want to wait a week for it.

Topper

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had an A.R.E. that served me well on a Ford Ranger for 10 years. it was painted to match the truck and still looked good when I sold the truck. I didn't set lawn chairs on it nor were there out-of-control kids jumping up and down on it, but for my needs it was perfect. I have one on order now for my new Tundra.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the ARE hardtop colour matched. It is solid love everything but the weight when removing it. ( Which was only once.) Really secure.

Hope this helps

B

·
Registered
119 Posts
The weight isn't an issue with me. I only took it off one time(enough) and I don't see having to take this one off at all. if I need to haul lumber or something big, I have a work van I can use for that, and I won't be hitching up to a fifth wheel..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts