Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New England members!!! We had a great time last year but we want to try somewhere different. If you know a great (legal) place to go 4 wheeling, please post!!! We want a really good turnout, so the place should be wide enough to go through without getting the trucks all scratched up.

·
Toyota Lifer
862 Posts
Yee-Ha :D A spring trail ride!!!!!! Let's do it guys:)

I say we try a different place than October Mt. and we can do that again in Oct.

Any Ideas??? I saw someone here mention a place called Old Florida road??? Where is that???

·
Goodbye '01 Tundra :(
168 Posts
Old Florida Rd is NOT stock friendly. I would recommend 33's, sliders, and a locker for that trail.

I know of a couple places, how long a trail are you looking for? When would you want to do it? How many usually attend?

I only have one requirement, no sig lengths longer than 7 lines. :D

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably looking to be on the trail for about 2-4 hours. We had about 8 trucks last year. Hopefully we'll have more this year.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
25 views and no suggestions!!! Someone has to know somewhere to go.

·
Toyota Lifer
862 Posts
I looked up the Mass page that lists the forests that allow off-road vehicles and it gave Pittsfield, Beartown, october mt,tolland. I am only familiar with October Mt. Does anyone know if the other ones are any good???

I don't know what the deal is in other states but I know Ny you need private land:td: :(

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I'll do some digging around in this area, but so far I havent found anything that hasnt been bought up and posted by some retired city dweller. The few available trails I know of are way too short. Even the hunting areas are disappearing.

Too bad my grandfather sold his camp, that would be a pretty cool area for a Toyota gathering. Not sure how he does it but some old guy lives up there, uses a snow cat during the winter and a 4x4 truck the rest of the time. Getting to it is a fun, but still its too short of a trip. The guy is pretty nice, but Id hate to ask him if we can rip up his land.

·
Goodbye '01 Tundra :(
168 Posts
I will volunteer to lead this run, although I won't be in my tundra, that sees straight pavement duty. :D

There is a trail that we run stock trucks through all the time in Ashburnham, MA, there are some dirt/small rock trail sections, some sand pits, some mud, some water, etc, so it should keep you guys amused. The trails aren't too tight here, especially now since nothing is grown in.

Another option is a trail in Erving, MA that is do-able by stock trucks, but is a little more exciting. There are more rocks and rocky sections and there are a couple of good obstacles there for anyone who is a little more built, but there are go-arounds for them. These trails are also wide enough to accomodate a Tundra.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds great!!! We'll have to see how much interest people have and when the best time to go would be.

·
Toyota Lifer
862 Posts
I vote for the harder trail in Erving:devil: If it is held on a Sat. I'm in for anything short of sheetmetal bashing;)

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Where is Irving? How long is the trail?

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks good. A couple hours ride for me, I think. It's probably not too far from Yankee Candle.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I knew I would get my b*lls busted for that. I HAD to go there with my girlfriend and her parents. I guess we'll have to see how much interest there is and set a date.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I knew I would get my b*lls busted for that. I HAD to go there with my girlfriend and her parents. I guess we'll have to see how much interest there is and set a date.
Ok....sorry I am late on this thread, but after reading through everything..

A.) Count me in for the Eriving get together

B.) Yankee Candle?? I think the b*ll bustin will only get worse when we meet up! :D

·
Toyota Lifer
862 Posts
Looks good. A couple hours ride for me, I think. It's probably not too far from Yankee Candle.

Maybe we all can stop there too!!!!! We can have a Trail Ride/Candle Party!!!:rolleyes: ;)

·
Toyota Lifer
862 Posts
Ok I will throw a date out..... Since I 'm planning to head up to the Cape I'll make it the same weekend.....How about May 19:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts