Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
834 Posts
The battery/our batteries are a Group 27F battery, the F meaning that the terminals are reversed as Positive needs to be on the passenger side and one cannot just turn the battery around as the negative wire won't reach the battery terminal.

I just replaced my battery this past fall with an EverLast from AutoZone and so far, in the -5 to 5 degree F. weather I've had to start my truck in, no problems at all and I'll expect 3-5 years on the battery.

My stock battery lasted 6 years.

· Registered
834 Posts
The "type F" means that the positive and negative terminals will be reversed as the vast majority of batteries out there have the positive terminal on the right when looking at the battery so if/when one tries to install the battery, the cables won't reach. Then when you try and just reverse the battery so the terminals are reversed/the positive is on the left when looking at the battery, the cables still won't reach as the terminals are just shy of reaching.

I have already tried and failed.

Any Group 27F battery will fit perfectly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.