Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For our brothers to the south, I don't know if it makes a difference, but in the north its a time for reflection.

What do we reflect on?

I should have gone camping one more time.

I should have gone swimming before freeze up.

But mostly...soon all the half nekkid women will be covering up.

This weekend I'll be heading to cottage country, Saturday it will be 75 F/24 C as a high, I might swim, depends on the water.

Is there anything you wished you had done before the summer rays end?

·
NASH
3,634 Posts
I'm gonna miss bikini and skirt season......but i still have time :D

·
NASH
3,634 Posts
A bikini on a rhino is still a rhino
Yes...but I'm single. I do everything in my power to Visit Florida and other desirable locations as often as possible

(San Antonio, TX this weekend).

You are right....I avoid the land barges NM calls women in my hometown.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
summer isnt over till christmas...then its just a few days till spring. :)

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
summer isnt over till christmas...then its just a few days till spring. :)
I hear ya, we've had highs over 100 for the past week. Time for fall and highs in the 90's.

As far as the women in NM, it can't be any worse than El Paso. I had to actually walk out of a 'gentlemens club' cause all the women were LARGE.

/Mike

·
Registered
1,903 Posts

Having lived in Germany, Finland & especially Quebec, Canada and experiencing those winters ... Atlanta is a piece of cake.

The last few days here, it dropped from low 90s to about 70 ... but will warm up again in mid/upper 80s today.

I do remember my "summer/winter reflections" while living in Canada ... when it started getting cool.

The neat thing about Atlanta ...we can have a Christmas Day (beginning of winter) that is very cold or a day in the 70s during that time.

The main thing about living in the south ... is virtually no salt on the roads to rust out your vehicle. ... :D

SOS

PS ... I do miss the "inexpensive electrical rates" .... power was generated & distributed by Hydro Quebec.

·
NO MA'AM
2,244 Posts
Keep an eye out for gays. There are more of them around, now that all the summer festivals are over. :lol:
One more big festival. Southern Decadence Official Website is the official end of summer in New Orleans (at least the French Quarter), although it feels like summer until mid-fall, when we open our windows for the first time since March. Lowe's, Home Depot, and Sears have already started having "end of season" sales on patio furniture, grills, and garden stuff even though the "season" doesn't end here for a few more months. I guess corporate minds don't want to have clearance sales at different times of the year in different locales. Works well for us, though, because unlike our frozen brethren up north, if we buy a grill during the "end of season" sales, we don't have to wait 5 months to use it.

~A

·
No job too small.
2,206 Posts
We didn't get the tent trailer out this year. The leaves are starting to turn, and it got down in the 30s this week, so it's camp this month or wait 'til spring.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
While I be missing summer, I do enjoy the seasons. Living in Hawaii for years taught me that if you always have great weather, you don't take advantage of it. So in the north, you get done when the opportunity exists.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
One more trip to Gulf Shores and the fall melanoma festival before the first frost.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I'm gonna miss bikini and skirt season......but i still have time :D

i was talking to the owner of a coldstone ice cream place the other day who relocated from up north. i made the comment that business must be better down here because its hotter. he chuckled and said nope, it is the opposite. up north women wear clothing from head to toe most of the year, but down here it is bikini season almost all year, so they can't hide the fat :eek: i told him he needed a guys line and a ladies line. the guys line would have access to everything on the menu. the ladies line would only serve a piece of duct tape long enough to cover their mouth :devil:

·
Registered
559 Posts
I'm going out on the Suwannee a couple more times and then put the boat up for the winter, wish I would've gone camping at the beach more.

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
I guess I'm the only one sick of the heat. Yes, I love FL but dam I wish we could get some cold weather. I think it froze only one night last year. That's all! The bugs are so bad the skeeters have chigger bites! We stacked up two big piles of oak wood down at the old hunt camp and I'm ready for a fire, soon as it gets cold enough. What to look forward to? Football! Hunting Season! Cookouts! Yes, you can do those in the fall & winter, too. Mudfuel:You need to come by the hunt camp sometime. You are close enough.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 72 Posts