Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to remove the glass panel so I can apply some foil/insulation padding on the sliding panel on interior of sunroof.Anyone have idea on how-to?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bueller....bueller....???

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
i think ur gonnna be the first....is that sliding panel really able to have insulation or foil on the inside? isnt it going to get hung up when it slides back and forth? is it really that hot? our mercedes has the sliding cover and its not too hot sitting in the sun...the glass is tinted....that should be enough...

if u still want to do this take the headliner down instead so u can get to the sliding panel...you'll have to have it down to get to the sunroof glass to remove it anyway so make it easier on yourself....

or...if u really are determined on cutting down on heat/sun etc get a tint shop to put reflective tint on the glass itself...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey you live in Texas too..we are going on some crazy stretch of 100 plus days!! yea the panel is hot compared to other portion of headliner. I did this on my 04 ford and it made a pretty big difference in a/c ( it needed all the help it could get). There is room between the glass and panel, just would be easier to remove glass and work from the roof.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts