·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Will be processing until 8:30 GMT

·
Registered
11 Posts
That sounds nice! I want to get a setup like that goin on my 05, however, I have some questions. This might be a dumb one but I've never had vehicle with a resonator so here goes. If do a new muffler can I delete the resonator do give it less restriction. If want good sound but want to do it properly to help the engine breathe best I can. Thanks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you mean catalytic converters? I still have both cats, but yes, I do have a resonator delete.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That sounds nice! I want to get a setup like that goin on my 05, however, I have some questions. This might be a dumb one but I've never had vehicle with a resonator so here goes. If do a new muffler can I delete the resonator do give it less restriction. If want good sound but want to do it properly to help the engine breathe best I can. Thanks!
I deleted the resonator, because it was after the rear axle, I still have both catalytic converters. The flowmaster gives you plenty of back pressure, so it's all good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ya i was talking resonator delete. Unfortunately, I'm not in a non smog county here in California so I gotta keep the cats. Thanks for the info!!

·
Registered
455 Posts
I once had the 40 Series Flowmaster on my old 01 Seq. the 2 In 2 Out
I loved how it looked and sounded from the outside.
The rumble was nice at take off and low speeds- it sounds just like in the video above….. but once I got up on the highway from 45-60mph the hummmmmmmmm (drone) was too much.
Not until you pass 70 does it get quiet again.

The DRONE at cruising speeds was Unbearable!!!!!!!!!!!
The sound in the back cabin and back seats were so annoying they gave my passengers a headache.

I had the 40 series on for about 2 months before I could not handle it and purchased the Boral Dual Exit Kit.
This had the 2 in 2 out muffler and slanted rear exit.
That had ZERO drone and in my opinion a GREAT sound.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts