Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've created a thread in the off-road section, but thought it might be worth asking the question here.

For those of you who have Super Springs, can you tell me if they help to resist axle wrap?

I'd also like to know if they will limit articulation off-road.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Considering their only active under load Im sure that you will lose a little up travel, def. alot bouncier. Unfortunatly there's nothing out there that is able to carry a load & offroad freindly. I have airbags for my toyhauler and even those are no good offroad.

Atleast you have the best loadspring available :tu:

Don't know about axle wrap, prob not because they are only active under load. Deavers will get rid of axle wrap though.

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure how much load would be necessary, but in my case I'm on my way to work, so with guys and tools I'm probably around 1000 pounds.

That should be enough to engage them.

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sent an email to Super Springs asking them the same question, but considering they are trying to make a sale, they could say anything.

Which is why I'm asking the question here.

I know there must be a few TS members with Super Springs, however, they might not experience axle wrap period.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Though I have never owned them myself, I sold them for 3 years over at Truck performance.com, and have had atleast 3 meetings with their company.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts

·
No job too small.
2,206 Posts
Here's some reading on the pesky problem: Axle Wrap Prevention The gist of it is get ladder bars for serious axle wrap control.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Here's some reading on the pesky problem: Axle Wrap Prevention The gist of it is get ladder bars for serious axle wrap control.
The catch is, only two companies seem to make these. Budbuilt and RCD. Both about 500 bucks....

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I received a response from Super Springs

"
Sorry I did not get back to you sooner. The Superspring certainly helps in reducing axle wrap(spring wrap) whether loaded or unloaded. This is facilitated by the way the Superspring engages the factory spring-pack through the rollers.

I hope this is helpful.

Gerry."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts