Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 44,000 miles I had a misfire on #2....the tip if the #2 iridium plug was missing and I found that the dealer installed (at new before delivery) plugs with the Supercharger kit had gaps all over the place from .025 to .045. I replaced all the plugs.

Now at 53,000 miles the same thing happened again (misfire code on #2) but this time with only 10,000 miles on it the #2 plug looks fine. So we cleared the codes, I filled up with a fresh tank of premium 91 and it seems to runs fine.

I initially thought ok I got some bad gas that was not really 91 octane (but I religiously buy at Shell). I am skeptical of this as it was the same cylinder two times.....and none of the others are acting up.

My suspicion is the injector is acting up and this cylinder is running lean at WOT (because this is when the thing strikes and goes into limp mode).

My plan is to put a new plug, new Coil and new injector on this #2 cylinder and hope that fixes it.

Has anyone else had this issue and does anyone else have any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks Paul

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Before you buy a new coil pack or injector maybe move the coil pack and just buy a plug first. That way if the problem stays at #2 you ruled out the coil pack.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts