Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you removed the charcoal filter from the TRD Intake?
Did it make any difference?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I have not. I didn't realize we got a charcoal filter with the new airbox (I removed it on my OEM one). That'll come out shortly.

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rut Re: Supercharged Owners

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I removed mine. Sounds a little louder. Also, removed the TRD oiled filter and swapped to an aFe dry type filter. Maybe feels a little more peppy, but tough to tell.
Thanks for your response Rut.
Do you have a P/N# for the afe?

RONE Re: Supercharged Owners

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have not. I didn't realize we got a charcoal filter with the new airbox (I removed it on my OEM one). That'll come out shortly
Thanks for responding.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Oh yeah, that was the first thing I did when I got home with it, after the SC install. I also cut out the bottom part of the air box also, that definately made it a little louder.

Hope that helps you...

·
Registered
630 Posts
I haven't removed mine. What is it for? And does it do anything for the truck if removed?

·
No Really, I swear, I'm Done..
3,091 Posts
Mine was removed by the dealership that did the install. I don't know any different than without it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I am confused about what the charcoal filter is supposed to do.
From what I understand....it is designed to retain gas vapors from exiting the intake when the engine is not running.....
This would be all fine but lets not forget the throttle body blade is 100% shut engine is not running, and all fuel entering the engine is done with injectors way past the TB....AND....your fuel filler cap has a vent that would allow air to pass to prevent vapor lock (*and prevent gas from expanding causing pressure in the tank when it gets hot, otherwise it could explode)....so what are they really saying the charcoal is supposed to do?

BTW:

My install kit is a few weeks away.....cant wait!

~JH

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I am confused about what the charcoal filter is supposed to do.
From what I understand....it is designed to retain gas vapors from exiting the intake when the engine is not running.....
This would be all fine but lets not forget the throttle body blade is 100% shut engine is not running, and all fuel entering the engine is done with injectors way past the TB....AND....your fuel filler cap has a vent that would allow air to pass to prevent vapor lock (*and prevent gas from expanding causing pressure in the tank when it gets hot, otherwise it could explode)....so what are they really saying the charcoal is supposed to do?

BTW:

My install kit is a few weeks away.....cant wait!

~JH
The throttle body isn't 100% sealed when it closes.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
IS there and IAB(Idle air bypass) on this TB?

I would have to go look.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts