Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was overseas for a year and apparently TRD stopped making the supercharger for my truck. Is the Sequioa or Land Cruiser model the same? Is it possible to install on mine or am I out of luck.

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
I was overseas for a year and apparently TRD stopped making the supercharger for my truck. Is the Sequioa or Land Cruiser model the same? Is it possible to install on mine or am I out of luck.
They quit making the pre-2003 SCs some time ago. You might find one on eBay or from another TS'er.

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
Are the 2003's that different?
The engines are slightly different, though I'm not sure of the details as to why early SCs won't work on later engines and vice versa.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
SC for 2002 and earlier had 1 extra injector - 2003 and up SC had 2 extra injectors. That and the piggyback ecu are the major differences.

Rick

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So does that mean it can't work on a 2002? Is the harness different? Can a unichip be used on the 2002 computer to work with the 2003 S/C?

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
I believe you can make a later design sc work with a 2002 if you use a Unichip to control it. Check with the guys at Unichip. They can tell you if this setup is feasible.

Rick

·
Registered
310 Posts
So does that mean it can't work on a 2002? Is the harness different? Can a unichip be used on the 2002 computer to work with the 2003 S/C?
Here is an alternative to the TRD S/C which never worked that well anyway
Boosted Tundras - Supercharger Systems for the Toyota Tundra This kit.which will be released soon is complete with everything needed--including 8 new Denso IK22 plugs , fuel / timing management and auxiliary RC 750 fuel injector

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've been reading about the "Boosted Tundra's" Rotrex supercharger. Has anyone actually installed (or had installed) one? I'm looking for info about installation, performance, problems, etc., anything that would assist in the decision making process about purchasing one.
:ts:

·
Registered
374 Posts
2nd That

·
Registered
310 Posts
The kit has not been released yet,but will be very soon. The prototype kit was installed on The custom Shop's SEMA Tundra. John has been using it since November with no problems. The truck's maiden voyage was the trip from Illinois to LasVegas towing another show car. They had no problems with the trip there and back. There is a link to his website on Boosted Tundras - Supercharger Systems for the Toyota Tundra You can see the truck there and give him a call .

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have the Boosted Tundra's kit installed on my '04 4.7L. I have about 5000km so far with no issues, other than a small timing change which will be made by installing new injector controller.

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
The kit has not been released yet, but will be very soon.....
Like others, have been reading about this for a long.....time. Curious, when is "soon"?

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Within the next 2-3 weeks. I am putting parts together right now. Keep an eye on Boosted Tundras - Supercharger Systems for the Toyota Tundra for the announcement
I am aware of the site and follow it closely for updates (that is why I am still looking). Not sure how many people may be on the fence with this, but, I know if I jump over, one of the following will happen.

. Great "field" feedback on the system and it delivers, as promised. (includes dyno validation records). PR bonus here as promotion is free.

. The opposite of above.

Curiosity is motivation......

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
I haven't been able to get in for a week or so either.
Typically, not a good sign and a red flag when a site goes down beyond 7 days. However, benefit of doubt is still giving, for awhile. He is still checking into the TS site (was online this morning) and maybe a reason will be given. If no response, then, I think...........

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just to let you guys know. Rob Welsh is a good guy and have lots of qaulity products. I can not wait until the kit comes out. Great work Rob!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts