Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new on the site and have an 06 landcruiser. I am looking for a supercharger for the 4.7, would anyone know where i should look.

·
Registered
374 Posts
cause its the only one on the planet an dthey know americans will buy it.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
The Australian dollar was, a few years back, worth about half of the US dollar.

Check Google to confirm its value today so you can have an idea of the real cost.

·
Registered
374 Posts
wouldnt these be also developed for right hand drive vehicles.........or would it not matter.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well the prices are noted in $ meaning U.S. Dollars... but who knows, that would be awesome if it less.
The Australians also use the $ sign.

Quote at the bottom of the web page...

"ALL PRICES ARE IN AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS INCLUDING GST.
TO CONVERT TO YOUR LOCAL CURRENCY, VISIT WWW.XE.COM"

The US dollar is not that strong right now so there is not a big difference.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi, i see the s/c but i don't see the rest of the parts.
like 9 & 10th injector, plus a way to connect it to our ecu unit, etc.
if this is the only 1 available, than o'll well, if you want it that bad,
you have to pay.
but i'd want to see the whole kit, which i do not.
i could be missing it, looking at the wrong 1. i looked at toyota V8.
i do not see (TUNDRA 4.7L) OR (TUNDRA 4.7L VVTI)
which are 2 totally different ecu's, plus there might be more difference's.
after you pay the 5g's + what are you going to do, if it's not right?

it's a different country.
so you will have no recourse, if it fail's, doesn't work, etc.
it's the what if's, that i'd be worried about.
that doesn't sit well.
your choise.
i wouldn't take the chance, but thats me.
unless i know, several have them here & they work great.
when i see reconditioned already, that barther's me.
they haven't been out that long.
just my .02 cent's.
gorilla

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
2007+ 3UR-fe (5.7 Tundra, Sequoia, LC, LX470) replaces fuel injectors, and fuel pump. IMO I think that is better way to do it.

If you want to build your own system, you can buy SC from Bullet, replace fuel injectors and fuel pump and have your UniChip custom tuned. And if you want to be safe with money, PAY WITH PAYPAL.

·
Registered
374 Posts
very tempting.......im going to look into it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
ya the us dollar is almost par with canadian dollars WOOHOO!!
I was in Toronto in mid February and the exchange rate was 0%, dead even

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
2007+ 3UR-fe (5.7 Tundra, Sequoia, LC, LX470) replaces fuel injectors, and fuel pump. IMO I think that is better way to do it.

If you want to build your own system, you can buy SC from Bullet, replace fuel injectors and fuel pump and have your UniChip custom tuned. And if you want to be safe with money, PAY WITH PAYPAL.
absolutely! yes, yes, yes! this is what i did with my 08 mustang. different supercharger though. gotta upgrade the fuel pump and upsize the injectors. a dyno/custom tune is a must. i don't care who's (safe) canned tune you get. every engine is different. period.

that supercharger is an eaton tvs model which is the latest (around 1-2 years old) technology for a roots style supercharger. eaton makes those things for several different companies who then put their own names on them (don't know if this applies to the tundra though.) what doesn't jive with me is that eaton is a usa based company. so why can we get them from down under and not here at home? eaton has a specific phone number you can call to speak with someone about superchargers. google them and look under contact section on their website for the number. if you are serious about going this route, i'd definitely call eaton first. seems like eaton should be able to point you in the right direction here at home.

and as has been covered here on ts several times, better go ahead and budget a few grand more for some new forged internals. the stock tundra internals will be quite challenged to handle the increased power the supercharger puts out for as long as you'd probably like them to. the mustang factory internals are good to go to around 450 hp on a 4.6 liter v8-but your talking over 8 pounds of boost. you'd probably bake the spindly tundra internals at that much boost if your not really careful. (try using the words careful and supercharger in the same sentence!) and even though the eaton kit from down under is only making 5 pounds of boost... you gotta ask yourself "do i really want to find out how tuff my engine is with this approach?"

if your answer is yes, i wish you the best... and i hope you post up here in three years that everything is peachy! :couch2:

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
I know for sure that 2uz (4.7L V8) can handle 400hp with out issues. Anything more then that get better rods (either early 1uz rods or forged rods)

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
I know for sure that 2uz (4.7L V8) can handle 400hp with out issues. Anything more then that get better rods (either early 1uz rods or forged rods)
so if 400 hp, and to be clear are we talking flywheel or rear wheel hp (my earlier reference was to the fly wheel), is a safe figure to work with on the 2uz, then 5 pounds of boost seems like a pretty safe addition. if you're talking flywheel hp, then the 4.6 and the 4.7 engines seem pretty equivalent as far as what they will safely handle. guess i'll not waist any time on the couch.

how much boost are you running right now? any tranny upgrades? my factory mustang tranny is the weakest link. the stock 373 rear end is stout and i upgraded to a one piece drive shaft.

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
5psi is very safe. I am running close to 10psi (9+ psi), but I've replaced my rods to early 1uz rods. As far as transmission goes, you will be fine (our trucks are made to tow, so there is plenty left for power)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts