Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just signed off on the loan from my bank and contacted the dealer yesterday to order the kit cause they don't keep em in stock. Hopefully I'll be charged by this time next week, I'm pretty excited about it to say the least. In the meantime I've installed a bed cover and have a 2/4 lowering kit on the way. Probably gonna order an electric exhaust cutout today as well, I wonder how much HP I gain with the S/C and exhaust open :D

Oh yeah dealer is charging me $6500 OTA. Got the lowering kit for $500 and having it install for $300. Bed cover was $225 and electric exhaust is gonna run me $300. I must be rich or crazy haha

I'll keep everyone posted on the results and of course videos to back it all up. Should be able to take it to the track first weekend of July.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Congratulations :D Report back once installed.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Are you gettin new wheels too?

·
Registered
48 Posts
^^He'll need new tires too. Seems a little steep for the charger and install. Seems like could be around $5500 or maybe even less. You should ask your dealer to price match online prices.

That is not that steep for S/C and installed out the door Tax and all. Best legit internet price is $5300.00 s/c alone. If you haggled a little you could probably get it to around $6200.00 and that would be a smoking price.

Oh Yeah Congrats, you are going to love it.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congratulations :D Report back once installed.
Thanks, will do!

Are you gettin new wheels too?
Not this round but those are next on my list, I'm sure I'll need em very soon.

^^He'll need new tires too. Seems a little steep for the charger and install. Seems like could be around $5500 or maybe even less. You should ask your dealer to price match online prices.
They are charging me almost 900 for the install and 5k for the S/C kit, tax hits me for about another 500 so its actually closer to 6400 but yeah. He was quoting me 7k at first but I got em to come down. I'm sure I can do better, I haven't signed anything agree to that price yet, I'll try n talk em down some more when it comes in. Also trying to get some free labor out of em for activating the alarm.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is not that steep for S/C and installed out the door Tax and all. Best legit internet price is $5300.00 s/c alone. If you haggled a little you could probably get it to around $6200.00 and that would be a smoking price.

Oh Yeah Congrats, you are going to love it.
Thanks, I know i will :devil: Just wanted to say your truck looks bad ass btw, saw your thread but dont think i commented it. Still smoking the new camaros? lol

·
Premium Member
733 Posts

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
The S/C can be had for around $4,900 online. $600 For install seems very reasonable, seems like $500-$700 is the norm. Buying online will likely save you the tax as well. So you could be talking almost $1,000 in savings. A thousand bucks can go a long way toward cutouts, tires and rims :heh:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Keep us posted. That thing should be pretty quick!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why not buy it here and save the tax? TRD Parts Center
The service guy was giving me slack about them not honoring the warranty if I bought it from somewhere else. I'm pretty sure he's just feeding me a line of BS but I dont have anything in writing to say he's wrong or not...

The S/C can be had for around $4,900 online. $600 For install seems very reasonable, seems like $500-$700 is the norm. Buying online will likely save you the tax as well. So you could be talking almost $1,000 in savings. A thousand bucks can go a long way toward cutouts, tires and rims :heh:
Yeah I'd love to buy it online and save the cash but I let guy scare me out of that by threating my warranty. I should make him eat the cost of the one he ordered but I feel obligated to buy it from him now. I dunno, like I said I haven't signed off on anything with him yet.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Keep us posted. That thing should be pretty quick!
For sure :tu: Hey just noticed your from Baton Rouge, I know DawgBonez is from around my area. We ought to meet up one weekend at the strip. Nice job on hitting 12.9 in your truck btw!

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
What was the bank's response when you said... I need $7000 for a Supercharger for my truck!

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Just signed off on the loan from my bank and contacted the dealer yesterday to order the kit cause they don't keep em in stock.

I must be rich or crazy haha
Must be crazy b/c if you were rich you wouldn't need a loan :becky:

·
Registered
630 Posts
For sure :tu: Hey just noticed your from Baton Rouge, I know DawgBonez is from around my area. We ought to meet up one weekend at the strip. Nice job on hitting 12.9 in your truck btw!
Any time your planning to come to the track let me know. And DawgBonez I haven't met in preson but I've talked to him on this site before.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What was the bank's response when you said... I need $7000 for a Supercharger for my truck!
His response "A supercharger?! *laughs* Oh to be young." lol I'd have to shank the guy if he denied me the loan though :ninja:

Must be crazy b/c if you were rich you wouldn't need a loan :becky:
Damn, was hoping no one noticed that haha Crazy is crazy does :)

Any time your planning to come to the track let me know. And DawgBonez I haven't met in preson but I've talked to him on this site before.
Cool, I assume you go to the strip in Baton Rouge? I've never been to that one, bout a 3-4 hour drive for me. I usually go up to Gilliam above Shreveport, nice track up there. I'll have to plan a little trip to Baton Rouge one weekend though, I'll hit ya up.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
sfz989 I know you are pretty set on a dealer but I suggest you look some where else.. Where they won't BS you. No warrenty because you didn't buy from them??!!? There pulling your leg bro. Buy from TRD parts center save tax and money to spend on something else. Labor price is also high compared to what other members have said..

Isn't there another dealership nearby??

Sorry just my .02 cents h

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Contact TRDSparks and see what they say on buying the parts from another dealership.

Hell, I buy my oil at Wal-mart.. does that void my powertrain warranty even though I have the dealership do the labor? Nope.

Can't wait to see the finished product. Shooting for fastest truck on the site? You have the fastest N/A title I do believe.

-rockstate

1 - 20 of 73 Posts