Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if any of Supercharger owners has the pedal recall done? I have yet to go in and do the recall. Has any SC owners experienced sudden acceleration not caused by your right foot? How has the pedal fix affected or not affected the pedal feel and driveability of the SC 5.7 motor as I have read on TS that some are experiencing a very light pedal feel and not able to "feather" the throttle after the fix. Please SC owners chime in with your experiences after the "fix".

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I just had my supercharger installed Monday, and they wanted to install the fix, but I made it very clear that my truck was not to have anything done to the pedal. I even had to sign something saying I refused the fix. I've heard too many people complain that there was less resistance to the pedal, so I didn't want to take that risk.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that I won't be getting the fix but also wonder if the TRD re-programming of the engine codes for SC excludes us from this sudden acceleration condition if the error lies in the electronics as it is suspect due to the pedal fix not being a fix all solution.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I have no plans of getting it done either....
My dealer seems pretty cool about my decision....

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I had the pedal fix done during my 30K service. I am experiencing a very light pedal feel and not able to "feather" the throttle after the fix. I am going to discuss the next stage in the "fix" which is the complete pedal replacement. If necessary I will have the dealer remove the shim. The problem does seem to be compounded by the fact I have the supercharger. Mt SC is not a new install I have had it for 25K miles.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I know that I won't be getting the fix but also wonder if the TRD re-programming of the engine codes for SC excludes us from this sudden acceleration condition if the error lies in the electronics as it is suspect due to the pedal fix not being a fix all solution.
Not likely. The reflash was released before all this runaway vehicle crap.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I have not heard any SC owners having this "runaway" condition and hope it doesn't happen to any of us. Just think for a minute the difficulty it would be to stop a 505 HP 550 lbs ft TQ "runaway" truck! Hope there is alot of road ahead of you when it does happen.....yikes!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Well, I have not heard any SC owners having this "runaway" condition and hope it doesn't happen to any of us. Just think for a minute the difficulty it would be to stop a 505 HP 550 lbs ft TQ "runaway" truck! Hope there is alot of road ahead of you when it does happen.....yikes!
I haven't heard of any Tundras having the issue, must less the drastically smaller subset of supercharged ones.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I haven't heard of any Tundras having the issue, must less the drastically smaller subset of supercharged ones.
only one member had an issue with the acceleration here on the forum it was dated back in 08 or so his 07 model.....he was passing and it accelerated on him. forgot his name though....

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have had the recall completed. The pedal is a bit too touchy. Even worse over bumps or potholes. 12,000 miles with the supercharger and it didn't feel that way before the fix. Might just have to go and complain and get a new pedal assembly.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just had the SC installed about 2 weeks ago and had the pedal recall done at the same time. It is funny that I keep reading the same thing about people saying that the feel is lighter and cannot feather after the fix.........? I am thinking the dealer they went too shimmed the spring incorrectly, the proper fix should make the tension heavier/stronger/more resistance. My pedal takes about 20% more effort to push it know, actually it is allot better for pedal feel/throttle control, when before it was very light and vague.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I just had the SC installed about 2 weeks ago and had the pedal recall done at the same time. It is funny that I keep reading the same thing about people saying that the feel is lighter and cannot feather after the fix.........? I am thinking the dealer they went too shimmed the spring incorrectly, the proper fix should make the tension heavier/stronger/more resistance. My pedal takes about 20% more effort to push it know, actually it is allot better for pedal feel/throttle control, when before it was very light and vague.
Ask your dealer what they did....
Did they replace the entire pedal?
Or did they plague you with the ECU trick to kill throttle if the brake was pressed?

From what I've seen... there is no "the dealer they went too shimmed the spring incorrectly" issue..

·
Registered
68 Posts
I guess toyota is replacing the pedal completely now if so asked, this may be your option path. Has anyone had the swapped out pedal yet? How is it?

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
only one member had an issue with the acceleration here on the forum it was dated back in 08 or so his 07 model.....he was passing and it accelerated on him. forgot his name though....
I think it was "stripped honda" - he had the engine harness replaced and that fixed it for him.

Here's the thread - Almost crashed my truck...

I've been closely following up on any and all possible cases of "sudden acceleration" in Tundras here on TS. Your odds of winning the lottery jackpot or getting struck by lightning in Alaska are far greater than experiencing this alleged problem.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I got the pedal recall fix done a few weeks ago and cannot tell any difference.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had the pedal fix done about a month ago and mine seems to have a slightly better feel to it than before. :tu:

·
No Really, I swear, I'm Done..
3,091 Posts
I had mine done, hated it, had the dealer replace it with a new CST pedal assembly, now I'm happy!

·
Registered
246 Posts
haven't done mine yet and don't have any problem...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts