Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am assuming this has to be done by the dealer.

How much does the dealer charger for this?
Do they have what they need to reflash my truck (will they need to be informed a week before that I will be coming)?
Will it be OK to drive my truck (without getting on it) to the dealership after the supercharger is installed?

THanks.....

~JH

·
Preferred Dealer
1,170 Posts
It only takes a few minutes to flash it, probably one hour flat rate.
Yes, they have everything.
No, you can not start or drive it w/o the reflash.

I am assuming this has to be done by the dealer.

How much does the dealer charger for this?
Do they have what they need to reflash my truck (will they need to be informed a week before that I will be coming)?
Will it be OK to drive my truck (without getting on it) to the dealership after the supercharger is installed?

THanks.....

~JH

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, you can not start or drive it w/o the reflash.
How does the DIY get it to the dealer? (less towing it and thats not really an option).
Is it possible to reflash with a laptop?

~JH

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a good friend that service dept mangr. for a Toyo dealership near me. I will see Monday if a 12 pack and pizza will get me a home reflash.

Silly SOB owes me a few favors anyway!

~JH

·
Preferred Dealer
1,170 Posts
The Techstream is wireless. My understanding is that it needs to be online for the reflash... I'm not sure if it can log on through any wifi system. It was easy enough to take mine to the dealer .5 mile away... so that's what happened.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
All you need would be the techstream laptop and the calibration file for your Tundra. The file can be gotten (downloaded) ahead of time I think from TIS or soem dealers get the calibration files on DVD too. :D

Well I never doen this before but, i tend to read a lot of stuff online when I have free time. :cool:

·
Registered
39 Posts
From what Ive read on other forums where the guys have done the blower install themselves then drove it to the dealer to do the re flash they said that the truck drove fine all the way there with no C,E,L and had no problem! They drove the truck over to their dealer easy and stayed out of boost (which im sure was hard LOL).
It makes sense if you think about it. When doing the blower install the only electronic or ecu related parts that you are changing out are the injectors. The only difference in the injectors between the stock and the trd replacments is the lb/hr of the injectors not the impedence. The injector drivers are the same so they will run the injectors without a problem just maybe a tad on the rich side. When they do the re flash the new program has a different duty cycle in it for long and short term fuel trims. Plus some timing changes and other things im sure. The only other change you are making to the electronics is the fuel pump, all that is is a higher volume pump.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts