Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know their are a few master techs on this forum and I was wondering if it would be possible to reflash an ecu just the rev limitor increase from the s/c reflash on a n/a 5.7?

·
Banned
444 Posts
That's a really good question! Wish I new what exactly the flash changed.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I met this guy online once, dont recall where or his name but he had done it to his Tundra (or so he said) - He did that to remove the limiter.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it would be nice.:ts:

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
Great Q....

Maybe......I think you may be able to....Using that techstream computer Toyota Techs have????

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gutz
thanks
anyone else have imput?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I thought the TRD supercharger flash didn't mess with the rev limiter...
I would thought that they would have lowered it, if anything...

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
The SC reflash is self-contained as a package, IOW you can't pick and choose parts of it to load into the ECM. If it were possible to isolate various components of the reflash, you'd be a whole lot closer to figuring out Toyota's secret data encryption scheme, so we can finally have control over the engine tune and transmission functions.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The SC reflash is self-contained as a package, IOW you can't pick and choose parts of it to load into the ECM. If it were possible to isolate various components of the reflash, you'd be a whole lot closer to figuring out Toyota's secret data encryption scheme, so we can finally have control over the engine tune and transmission functions.
thanks for ruining my day lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
you can always use a piggyback like a unichip to raise the rev limiter...i saw it online once (cant remember where) for about $650...you could also benefit from further tuning your car to suit your mods by adjust the AFR and timing to your ideal preference.

goodluck

·
Registered
945 Posts
you can always use a piggyback like a unichip to raise the rev limiter...i saw it online once (cant remember where) for about $650...you could also benefit from further tuning your car to suit your mods by adjust the AFR and timing to your ideal preference.

goodluck
Unichip does not raise the rev limiter on Gen2s

·
Registered
29 Posts
the unichip Q+ (which was design with feature to support foced induced cars) is a PnP for all tundra's and is capable to raise the rev limiter...we have just installed it recenly on my friends 09 FJ cruiser.
i cannot think of any reason why it wouldnt work on the gen2 tundra's.
i will confirm with our local unichip dealer soon and update you guys..

:)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I talked to jack about the limitor and he said they couldnt do it.​

·
Registered
945 Posts
the unichip Q+ (which was design with feature to support foced induced cars) is a PnP for all tundra's and is capable to raise the rev limiter...we have just installed it recenly on my friends 09 FJ cruiser.
i cannot think of any reason why it wouldnt work on the gen2 tundra's.
i will confirm with our local unichip dealer soon and update you guys..

:)
I already had the Unichip on my truck. You can't raise the rev limiter

1 - 16 of 16 Posts