Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When will TRD come out with a supercharger for the 2007 tundra,and does superchargers give better gas mileage or worse?About how much more horsepower and torque did you guys have with superchargers on earlier models and did the gas milage get better?Also does the supercharger make your engine more dirty so oil changes must be more frequent?With a supercharger and exhaust system does the stock catylitic converter hold back these two upgrades or it does not matter?Or is a free flow cat required?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is superchargers worth it for the people who already bought it?Is it worth it on this huge engine?I'm planning to buy bigger tires with 20" off road rims?Is the upgrades needed for the rims and tires?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I doubt they will make one as there are too many systems envolved on the 07's My 2002 was straight rear wheel no acs or auto diff. As for power it made about 100 more hp so it went somewhere around 340 hp with torque the same. It was maitance free, oil was same and it was one fast truck..never even got close to being beat off the line. Its off now and the truck runs perfect. just my two cents

·
Registered
202 Posts
For those that have the 5.7, i can't see needing a supercharger, but HP is addicting and i'm sure some people would pay the money. A supercharger as a general rule will not change your MPG but they do usually require you to run high octane fuel, which can be a substantial increase in your monthly gas bill. Those that do run superchargers also tend to have a heavy foot which also decreases their MPG.

If you are planning on doing any serious off-road stuff with your truck then best to stick with stock 18's. Unless you put some kind of lift kit on, the bigger rims will require shorter tires which is not good for rock crawling.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I agree, the 18's give you the sidewall you need for serious off-road driving and ride.

·
Registered
55 Posts
there is a supercharger planned for release by the end of the year. least thats what i have been hearing for over 2 months.

·
Registered
528 Posts
The Tundra at this years SEMA had the supercharger. I am sure it going through extensive testing buy Toyota/TRD. I expect to see it by mid to late summer.

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
I have great news, it was released!!! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts