Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talk about making new Tundra owners look bad!!

This from the Orange County (CA) Register today:
=========================================
April 26, 2007
File this under how do some people sleep at night?
Posted on April 26 at 10:00 AM

When it comes to washing and waxing the folks at Classic Hand Car Wash know what their doing. That's why the luxury cars stack up outside the tiny 17th Street Costa Mesa operation.
The white 2007 Toyota Tundra was freshly detailed and sat waiting to be picked up. Real showroom material.
Then a black Mercedes SUV came crashing into the back of the truck, crushing carwash manager Eduardo Rodriguez, knocking the huge Tundra out of the way as it ran him over. Rodriguez’ widow – and mother of his two-month-old baby - wailed as she looked at her husband’s body. His blood covered the asphalt and there was a new dent in the Tundra’s bumper. The truck's owner marched past the grieving family and friends and up to investigators, demanding to know when he could have his truck back.
I wonder if he’s going to ask for a refund
==================================

EDJ

·
Registered
352 Posts
that is just pathetic ....
Why... because the man wanted to know when he could get his truck back? Maybe it's his only source of transportation. Besides, the guy getting killed wasn't his fault... even though the mercedes caused the wreck the story writer makes the Tundra owner out to be a bad guy.

Jim

·
Registered
172 Posts
I said a prayer for the family and wonder how much the story was embelished. There are a few words that paint the picture of this story the color it looks like.

huge tundra (it's not huge)
wailed (may be true but ussually not to the extent the word emplies)
marched (people don't usually march around)
demanding (he probaly didn't use the term "I demand")

I think these were used to sensationalize the accident and end up makeing the reporter look unsympathetic!

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
I said a prayer for the family and wonder how much the story was embelished. There are a few words that paint the picture of this story the color it looks like.

huge tundra (it's not huge)
wailed (may be true but ussually not to the extent the word emplies)
marched (people don't usually march around)
demanding (he probaly didn't use the term "I demand")

I think these were used to sensationalize the accident and end up makeing the reporter look unsympathetic!
Exactly...overdramatization...leave it to the OC Register to do that (I spent a while living in OC)

Everything was probably wrapping up and the guy prob wanted to know when he could leave. The story paints a bad picture, but I don't think that is exactly what happened.:confused:

I feel for the family.....oh, and the register didn't have to say that the guy's blood covered the asphault...that's just poor.:mad:

·
Registered
548 Posts
is this even real? no mention of why the accident happened, who the driver was, date, time, etc, etc.
plus the guy blows and writing, how about some commas instead of and and and. damn, if this was printed, that paper blows worse than the crewmax with a snag thread.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Apparently the story has been changed since your original post. No mention of the Tundra owner or the blood in that link.

Jim
The orange county register is my daily read and the story in the paper was very different then what was listed here.

At no point did it mention the tundra owner or his actions.

Very sad story, a young child left without a father.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Talk about making new Tundra owners look bad!!

This from the Orange County (CA) Register today:
=========================================
April 26, 2007
File this under how do some people sleep at night?
Posted on April 26 at 10:00 AM

When it comes to washing and waxing the folks at Classic Hand Car Wash know what their doing. That's why the luxury cars stack up outside the tiny 17th Street Costa Mesa operation.
The white 2007 Toyota Tundra was freshly detailed and sat waiting to be picked up. Real showroom material.
Then a black Mercedes SUV came crashing into the back of the truck, crushing carwash manager Eduardo Rodriguez, knocking the huge Tundra out of the way as it ran him over. Rodriguez’ widow – and mother of his two-month-old baby - wailed as she looked at her husband’s body. His blood covered the asphalt and there was a new dent in the Tundra’s bumper. The truck's owner marched past the grieving family and friends and up to investigators, demanding to know when he could have his truck back.
I wonder if he’s going to ask for a refund
==================================

EDJ

Wow, looking at the picture, it isn't even a 2007, where did this version of the article come from?

·
Registered
764 Posts
ElDiabloJoe,

We're going to need a little more than that newspaper link to substantiate your first posting. Where did you get that? The actual newspaper article is in contrast to your original post with it's uncalled for wording and apparently misrepresented facts. Based on what I've seen so far your post is what really does a diservice to the man's family, much less this 2007 Tundra Forum.

Que pedo que te gargarias?

·
Registered
214 Posts
is this even real? no mention of why the accident happened, who the driver was, date, time, etc, etc.

"Rodriguez was standing in front of a freshly detailed Toyota Tundra about 4:10 p.m. when he directed a Elias Izara, 25, of Costa Mesa, to bring around a 2007 Mercedes SUV that had been brought in for detailing ..."

"Rodriguez was signaling him to move closer to the Tundra when the Mercedes suddenly lurched forward, Andersen said."

"The Mercedes SUV slammed into Rodriguez, pinning him against the Tundra. The SUV kept accelerating, pushing the Tundra out of the way and running over Rodriguez as it sped forward ..."

""He wasn't their regular driver, and he didn't have a license," Andersen said. "He may have inadvertently stepped on the gas instead of the brake.""

1 - 13 of 13 Posts