Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
i am purchasing the king shocks front coil overs as well as the rear shocks..i dont intend to lift he vehicle more than ~2" front..basically just to level the car..
anyways..i was wondering if i require to install a UCA of any kind?

thanks in advance for the help.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
If you're lifting 3" or less you will be safe without new UCA's. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure I've read that.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Only at 2" of lift? I am taking my truck to 3". I know with my tacoma I didnt have to install new UCA's at 3" but should I need them with the Tundra? I have the Bilstein 5100's set at 2.5" plus the toytec top plate.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
good read...after hanging out in the suspesions forum and reading that all pre load spacers are bad and then NJ coming in there with his trux with 15k miles on it showing no wear on the uca proved to alot of doubters that it didnt damage it since alot people in that thread on the spacers beleive spacers are bad, but cant truely explain why or how etc..

·
Registered
546 Posts
I originally bought a readylift but then got a good deal on some 5100's. I am figuring on setting them at 2.5" and maybe adding the toytec 1/2" top plate. Would I need new UCA's?

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I originally bought a readylift but then got a good deal on some 5100's. I am figuring on setting them at 2.5" and maybe adding the toytec 1/2" top plate. Would I need new UCA's?
So did you read that thread?? It should answer your questions

·
Registered
546 Posts
I did but damn! Thats a lot of info. Made my head hurt! :)

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I did but damn! Thats a lot of info. Made my head hurt! :)
This forum does have an overwhelming amount of info!! But if you are willing to do some reading you can find out just about anything. I don't know about combining two different lifts??? Maybe someone can answer that question but I'm guessing they will tell you not to do it. The two lifts weren't designed to work together, if you want three inches maybe you should sell the 5100's and go for the truxx. What size tires are you trying to run. I don't think that half inch will make very much difference.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Its not two lifts. Toytec sells the 1/2" top plate to finish out your lift at 3" inches when combined with 5100's

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
hey guys,
i am purchasing the king shocks front coil overs as well as the rear shocks..i dont intend to lift he vehicle more than ~2" front..basically just to level the car..
anyways..i was wondering if i require to install a UCA of any kind?

thanks in advance for the help.
You won't need any new UCAs for this. Thankfully so too as they are pretty darn expensive. But you may want to reconsider 2" up front for something a little less like 1.5" or so. I know many people have leveled their trucks with 3/1 kits, but to me most of them look nose-up. I did a 2.54"/1.5" front/rear and my truck is very close to level if it isn't exactly. I can't imagine adding another 1" to the front, I'd be looking upwards!
Of course, I've got a CM, so, the angle differs from type of truck, wheel-base length, etc. I remember reading that Toyota isn't very consistent about the slope of their trucks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts