Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GF is buying an 07 4Runner to replace her98 that got crunched. She would like the heated mirrors but that's not an option for SR5. Assuming I can purchase them separately, how hard to replace oem power mirrors with oem-part heated power mirrors? Anyone already done that? (She isn't too crazy about the aftermarket part idea like Muth or similar).

Ideas appreciated.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
No idea on the 07, but on earlier models you can swap the mirror glass. Then you'd just need to run some wires and either put in a switch or connect into the rear defrost circuit. I've been thinking about doing it on my 01 but now spring is here they aren't needed.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
I recently installed the MUTH signal mirrors on my 03 runner & it really wasn't bad at all. Obviously, this all depends on your mechanical ability, but it was just time consuming. The door panels need to be removed, then the mirror bodies need to be removed from the door to properly run the wires. Muth sells the heated signal mirrors for around $250, or if you are interested, I'll probably sell my originals (they are heated) for $60 + ship.
Let me know if you are interested.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts