Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2008 Tundra DC with almost 100k miles. The stitching seam on my cloth seats is about worn out on my drivers side. This is a work truck, and nobody ever sits in the passenger side. Does anyone know if the seat bottoms can be somewhat easily switched from side to side? I can't find anything about it on TS or through searching the internet. My driver's side is a power seat, but after staring at it, the seat bottom itself looks identical to the passenger side. Just talking about the fabric and cushion, not the entire seat. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
408 Posts
From my experience with swapping out seat bottoms in other cars, I would say yes.

Just take one seat out and look at it from underneath. Should be able to remove the seat bottom from the platform (part that holds the seat belt receiver, seat rail, etc) and remove the seat back from the seat bottom. You will probably have to peel back some of the fabric to remove the seat back from the seat bottom.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From my experience with swapping out seat bottoms in other cars, I would say yes.

Just take one seat out and look at it from underneath. Should be able to remove the seat bottom from the platform (part that holds the seat belt receiver, seat rail, etc) and remove the seat back from the seat bottom. You will probably have to peel back some of the fabric to remove the seat back from the seat bottom.
Thanks for your input. I think I'll go ahead and give it a try one of these warmer days. Thanks again!

· Registered
1,070 Posts
I took both seats out of my DC to install seat heaters.

First you have to disconnect the battery and wait a few minutes ( so that the air bags in the seats can be ready ) then disconnect all the connectors under each seat.

Once you remove the four 14 mm screws, you can take the seat out of the truck.

Now you have to remove the fabric (or leather) "skins" of each seat.

Underneath each seat you can see loops and hooks which you simply unfasten,
soon the bottom of the seat ( hard foam) is visible. Keep at it until you see
the "hog pins" that hold the fabric to the seat. Bend those out and totally remove the
fabric. Switch the driver side to the passenger side, and proceed in reverse.

To re-use the hog pins is difficult unless you have upholstery tools. I used tie-wraps
to attach the fabric to the seat and it works well.

Good luck !

· Registered
5 Posts
I just had mine off last week and I have the same setup in my 2010 cm with driver side power and passenger side manual. I think the 2 seats are slightly different. On mine the passenger side wraps all the way down over the cushion front and snaps in. On the driver side the plastic trim goes all the way around the front and I thought the cushion kind of steps in. I had to connect a rod with hog rings at that step in. Just take a look at the 2 when you get the trim off the driver side, it may still fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.