Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi got my sway bar polyurethane bushing kit from wheelers off road, includes the swaybar bushing, end links, and bump stops attached is before and after pix
pretty straight forward install took me 30 mins, with just the truck on a ramp:tu:

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the pics. How big of a difference did the kit make for body roll and handling? I was thinking of getting the kit, but wasn't sure how big of a difference it would make.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi i would say that it handles better now, its tight on corners, overall, not bad for 25 bucks, i have energy poly bushings all around on my 81 celica, and it corners better,

·
Registered
279 Posts
Well, I guess SOP I'd say the sway bar bushings make it a little crisper and tighter, but that's a relative concept on this kind of vehicle!:p
As for the replacement bump stops, can't testify as to them. The installer returned them in the plastic bag along with the instructions - and highlighted on the instructions the section about not trying to force the old ones out if they're rusted in because the fixed nut inside the frame could break off. Guess on my old buggy with 115K that condition set in a long time ago!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
thanks for the heads up folks...i may get them! :tu:

·
Registered
455 Posts
I am a little confused....
What exactly do these help out with?
Can just replacing those parts make a real difference?

How hard was it to replace the bump stops?

·
Registered
279 Posts
The new poly swaybar bushings eliminate one source of slop or additional flexibility in the suspension, as opposed to the stock rubber bushings which deteriorate with age.
As for the bump stops, can't say, because they couldn't be replaced - they screw into nuts set inside the frame or suspension arm and if corroded tight cannot be removed without damage.

·
Registered
455 Posts
The new poly swaybar bushings eliminate one source of slop or additional flexibility in the suspension, as opposed to the stock rubber bushings which deteriorate with age.
As for the bump stops, can't say, because they couldn't be replaced - they screw into nuts set inside the frame or suspension arm and if corroded tight cannot be removed without damage.
So you think its worth changing out?
I know its only a few bucks and some time under the Seq.
But I just have never changed these out on any vehicle I have owned
Is the kit from Wheelers a replacement for potentialy worn out bushings or is this considered an upgrade bushing kit?
Maybe I'll get them anyhow and just try them out and then I wont need to ask so many questions

·
Registered
279 Posts
Considered an upgrade, I believe, but effectively it's a replacement for stock units that are not heavy duty to begin with. check their web site, I believe it says more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts