Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Hey you got a great deal and just hope the idler pulleys were still good and showed no sign of leakage! I would plan on doing them for sure on the next cycle and they will start off slowly by making a loud bearing noise that is lacking proper lubrication which can get very loud! The 585.00 is for parts and labor? if so you did really good becasue normal labor rates are 100.00 bucks an hour at most any shop and some dealerships are getting just a tad more per hour! Does he offer any kinda warranty for his parts and labor?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Very good! I figured CA costs would be much higher. How many miles?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I had my timing belt, drive belt and water pump done Wed., at the dealer. $786.

I was losing about a half cup of coolant each month or so and could not find the source. Turned out, as I expected, to be weeping from the WP gasket.

Truck is vacation ready now!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My truck has 93000. He assured me that if any of the related parts needed to be addressed he'd change them. With that being said, the Tstat, and surpentine belt was replaced as well. When I dropped it off, I asked him to make sure the cam and crank seals were still okay, no probs with them, so I guess the Mobil 1 is doing it's job :)

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
impressive! i would have never thought that you could get all that work done in ca for that price. congrats!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts