Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
imo, durring the state mandated yearly vehicle inspection (here in ut and i know in many other states) instead of refusing to pass a vehicle because the an idiot light in the dash is on or some other stupid thing, they should be checking the headlight adjustment. but, as is the case so often with the govt, they are too busy with thir worthless ajendas to be bothered with the things that really matter. a burnt out turn signal won't get anyone killed but a mis-aligned headlight could. it's amazing how many cars and trucks i see with the headlights too high or with one correct and the other pointed at the sky. 99% of people don't know how to adjust the headlights and there are very few shops that can even do it. my 07 tacoma (along with most of the other ones I have seen) came from the factory with the lights adjusted borderline too high but then after i put on the 3 inch leveling kit they were blinding people driving tractor-trailers! i did the responsable thing and adjusted them down but most people either don't realize or don't care. imo, if the state is going to mandate a safety inspection, they ought to check the things that create a safety hazard, not stupid things like burnt out blinkers that no one use anyway.

just my .02

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.