Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 2006 taco and the TRD exhaust on the truck is not exactly loud or deep enough for my liking. I been checking all the sites for sound clips, but i figure the best thing i can do is have people who have already installed aftermaket exhaust let me know whats up. Magnaflow or gibson or flowmaster or dynomax? Best sound for the 4.0L taco??

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
flowmaster original 40........awesome deep sound, but not annoying too much in the cab.....awesome for the 4.0!!! just my opinion, sounds sweet on my truck!:tu:
Ditto!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I drive a 2006 taco and the TRD exhaust on the truck is not exactly loud or deep enough for my liking. I been checking all the sites for sound clips, but i figure the best thing i can do is have people who have already installed aftermaket exhaust let me know whats up. Magnaflow or gibson or flowmaster or dynomax? Best sound for the 4.0L taco??

You talking about the TRD Cat-back not being loud or deep enough?

Might not the loudest thing out there, but I (and anyone around it,) surely knows it's there. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yesss... TRD cat back not loud enough, i used to driving V8s. Noise in the cabin is not a problem, im hooked up with 1200watts and two 12'' JBL in the back, cant get much noisier than that. I want exhaust that will turn heads, Imma check out the 40 most def.. thank you.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yesss... TRD cat back not loud enough, i used to driving V8s. Noise in the cabin is not a problem, im hooked up with 1200watts and two 12'' JBL in the back, cant get much noisier than that. I want exhaust that will turn heads, Imma check out the 40 most def.. thank you.

Give up a sound byte when she's done buddie... Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Get yourself a Borla Cat-BAck System. Search this forum for for borla exhaust sound clips and you will find my sound clip thread.:tu:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 3inch cat-back Aero exhaust and it sounds great! It has a deep mellow tone under acceleration but it is quiet while cruising. The style Aero I have has a built in resonator.

·
Registered
102 Posts
this thread is useless without sound clips! Someone please post some! I miss the sound of my 6liter V8 goat with spintechs roaring out the back. Hate compacts with fart cannons, and don't want my tacoma sounding like that! Need a muffler with muscle car tone- deep and burbly!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Just out of curiosity...do you actually have the TRD exhaust or are you just assuming because you got a TRD truck it has TRD exhaust...cause most, if not all, people are very very happy with the TRD exhaust

·
Banned
799 Posts
flowmaster original 40........awesome deep sound, but not annoying too much in the cab.....awesome for the 4.0!!! just my opinion, sounds sweet on my truck!:tu:
could you post a sound clip please?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Magnaflow. I added a Magnaflow 12576 muffler to the stock piping and it sounds great. No sound clip, though, there are a few folks out there who have done this. Search "tacoma" on Youtube and you'll see many many exhaust clips.

·
Banned
799 Posts
how does it sound when you really get on it? And how were your rpms when you were revving?

·
Registered
447 Posts
how does it sound when you really get on it? And how were your rpms when you were revving?
it really comes to life when you get into the throttle.....awesome rumble, but not at all ricey......i cant deal with a ricey sound!!! pretty deep at certain rpms....high revs, but normal running on the interstate.....honestly cant tell its there....maybe just a bit louder than stock!!

·
Banned
799 Posts
Hmmm...sorry to be a bother. But could you post a clip of your current set up? The single in/out flowmaster 40. If it sounds close to the same then don't bother. I am just trying to find exactly what I like.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hmmm...sorry to be a bother. But could you post a clip of your current set up? The single in/out flowmaster 40. If it sounds close to the same then don't bother. I am just trying to find exactly what I like.
its really about the same......maybe not as loud now, since it isnt resonating thru the pipes.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Don't use the Flowmaster 50 series. Only sounds good between 1800 & 2500 RPM. Any other RPM and you can hardly hear it. Changing mine to 40 series soon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts