Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, been lurking here for a while, but this is my first post. I've been debating Tacoma vs. Frontier for a few weeks now. I'm leaning toward the Taco at this point. Took a 2nd test drive last night in a 06 PreRunner 4X2 DC (I'm looking at a preowned vehicle) and felt pretty confident that the Taco is the way to go. But, I have one major concern. I downloaded the brochure to check out all the features and was confused abit by the length of the vehicle. I'm looking at a Double cab as I would like to be able to fit more than one adult in the car. when I look in the brochure, it says the 4X2 PreRunner Double cab overall length is 221 inches (208 for the Access cab and X-runner).

Well, my garage will not accomodate a car that is more than about 208 inches and not being able to park in a garage is a deal braker for me. Is the brochure right? I wonder if the 221 inch length is the DC with the 6 foot bed. I would think the Access cab and DC with short bed would be the same lenght. If the vehicle is 208" with the shorter bed I'm ok, otherwise, hello Frontier. Can anyone confirm this data for me?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for confirming! I sort of figured (hoped) the longer length was with the long bed but now I know!

·
Registered
32 Posts
go with the tacoma, the frontier rear seats dont have as much space as the tacoma. i have fit five adults in my DC and when i asked how comfortable they all felt....they had passed out the king size mattress that i had installed back here..=)

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
go with the tacoma, the frontier rear seats dont have as much space as the tacoma. i have fit five adults in my DC and when i asked how comfortable they all felt....they had passed out the king size mattress that i had installed back here..=)

I'll second that... I test drove a Frontier before buying a Taco and there is less room in the back than the Taco...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Test drove both again today...05 Frontier with 36K miles and an 05 PreRunner TRD with 21K (both Double cabs). You're absolutely right, there's definitely more room in the back seat in the Taco. It also felt and looked better built, seats were more comfy...etc., etc., The only advantage I could see with the Fronty (other than it had a sunroof) was the $4K price diff. I realize that Toyotas hold there value more than Nissans, but you definitely pay for that.

Still leaning toward the Toyota though.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Test drove both again today...05 Frontier with 36K miles and an 05 PreRunner TRD with 21K (both Double cabs). You're absolutely right, there's definitely more room in the back seat in the Taco. It also felt and looked better built, seats were more comfy...etc., etc., The only advantage I could see with the Fronty (other than it had a sunroof) was the $4K price diff. I realize that Toyotas hold there value more than Nissans, but you definitely pay for that.

Still leaning toward the Toyota though.
The back seat in the Frontier is a deal breaker IMO. Bolt upright, very little incline. On long trips where I need a snooze I need comfort. The Tacoma wins hands down here. Also, if you get sport buckets in the Taco, they're super comfy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts