Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 tundra with 16" wheels and found a set of take off's from a 2006 tacoma with 16" wheels. Will the tacoma wheels fit or is there a differnce in offset or center diameter? Thanks

·
Registered
469 Posts
I believe the 2005+ Tacomas have a stock backspacing of 5". The Tundra 16" wheels have a backspacing of 4.5". So if that's the case, then those wheels may not fit properly.

·
Registered
334 Posts
They wont fit well I agree..I'm having the same issue i had to get adapters to make them fit

·
Registered
86 Posts
Greetings:

I did some searching and found this thread. I did not want to make an entirely new thread since this one has the base issue I have questions about. There is a local gentleman selling a set of 2005 17 inch Toyota Tacoma TRD rims for a fairly cheap price ($165). Attached you will find a picture of these rims. Does anyone know the backspacing of these rims? If the backspacing is 5" and my Tundra needs 4.5", will spacers, such as these work correctly? If not, can someone point me in the right direction?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
All the 16" wheels (16x7") on 05+ Tacoma's and pre 07 Tundra's that I have seen are marked 15mm+ offset. This does not include the IS wheels. I just purchased 5 of the 17x7.5" wheels as ACUDesperado shows and they are also 15mm+ offset, same as the light and dark versions of the 10 spoke (split 5 spoke) wheels that many Tundra's come with. The 16x7 port/dealer Enkei (SET areas) wheels used on both trucks are also 15+mm.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have just mounted the same 17" Tacoma/4runner wheels with 265/70/17 Nitto grapplers this morning on my 01 Tundra AC. I have about 3/4" clearance between the uca and the inside top of the tire. Is this okay? I get a very very slight rub at full lock but I'm pretty sure its from rubbing the mud flap. I have the Bilstein 5100 shocks set a one notch from the highest lift to level the truck. That clearance on uca worries me and there seems to be a little clean spot there but I'm not sure if thats from rocking the tire on during mounting. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Greetings:

I did some searching and found this thread. I did not want to make an entirely new thread since this one has the base issue I have questions about. There is a local gentleman selling a set of 2005 17 inch Toyota Tacoma TRD rims for a fairly cheap price ($165). Attached you will find a picture of these rims. Does anyone know the backspacing of these rims? If the backspacing is 5" and my Tundra needs 4.5", will spacers, such as these work correctly? If not, can someone point me in the right direction?
I just installed 1.25" wheel adapers with those same TRD wheels. No more rubbing issues and a much better stance. see attachments.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've been shopping around for those same wheels, and every listing has stated that they should fit Tundra, Tacoma or 4-runners for the most part. I was not planning on getting spacers (nor do I want to)--so is the issue more the tire size I put on the wheels, or is it a problem with the actual fitment of the wheel?
I have a 2002 with TRD offroad, no lifts or changes to suspension from TRD set.
Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've been shopping around for those same wheels, and every listing has stated that they should fit Tundra, Tacoma or 4-runners for the most part. I was not planning on getting spacers (nor do I want to)--so is the issue more the tire size I put on the wheels, or is it a problem with the actual fitment of the wheel?
I have a 2002 with TRD offroad, no lifts or changes to suspension from TRD set.
Thanks
Just my opinion, but I think its the backspacing on the wheels. When those listing say it should fit Tundras, tacomas or 4runners, I think the're merely saying the bolt pattern is the same (6 on 5.5). My bad, but I didn't measure the backspacing on these wheels. The rubbing issues I had were from the tires rubbing the frame at full lock. Plus the clearance with the UCA was super close. After I installed the adapters, no more rubbing and much more clearance with the UCA. The adapters cost me $340.00 but it was still cheaper than buying new wheels. By the way, I'm running 265/70/17 Terra Grapplers.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hello everyone sorry to revive such a old thread. I was looking to buy a set of these wheels too. I was wondering do you just put the spacers in the front and NOT the back right???? And according to this thread a 1.25 spacer will do. Thx in advance.

Last question. Do you have to buy any spacer for the FJs wheels to go on to my 06 DC Tundra.

thank you thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Guys, I'm also sorry to bring this thread up again, but I have some questions that go in the opposite direction. I have an 07 Tacoma TRD Sport with the 17" wheels. I have a seller with a set of the 10 spoke wheels. Does anyone know if the offset is the same (is it the 15mm on both)? Also are they the same width? And finally, are the tire pressure monitoring sensors compatible or can I switch them out with the ones in my existing wheels? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Everyone...

Just wanted to let you know I finally put on my Duratrac Mud tires with my 16inch Tacamo rims like the photo above... I had a fit test dont first...

The tire comes about 3/4 of an inch from the upper balljoint but it doesnt touch or rub! and the tires dont rub when crank to the full extent each way. They were installed without spacers to boot.

So if you guys find Tacoma rims (2008 and up) they should fit your first gen tundras.

NOTE: mine is a double cab... not sure if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Okay sorry to beat a dead horse, but does anyone know why 2014-15 4Runner wheels will not fit a 2005 DC Tundra Limited. I have been reading for hours and everything I read says the lugs and wheels will not fit. I can not figure out why, is it backspacing, I have access to some takeoffs with sensors and lugs. If backspacing is an issue can I run them without spacers?

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts