Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked everywhere online for a replacement tail gate cap. The one on my truck got ripped off and if anyone can tell me where I can find this piece (besides going to a body shop and getting ripped off) I would appreciate it. Or for that matter perhaps a good looking aftermarket one?

·
Registered
722 Posts
The stock tailgate cap on my 2010 may as well not even be there. It's useless,you close the tailgate,you're on the paint; really a sorry design. I orderd a Silverado cap a while back, but it's shape won't allow it to work.Been looking at different moldings,probably'll do something like that.Anybody got any ideas?:confused:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, i had a silverado before this truck and I did like the protector they had...deezee makes one that looks ok, only its shiny aluminum....if only it was black, but then again i could always get it powdercoated...

·
Registered
307 Posts
I think I am going to take mine to the place that did my bedliner and have them spray my tailgate. I was thinking from the top of the taillights all the way across. Mine is getting pretty scratched up from closing the tailgate.

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts