Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, tailgate was stolen, I got another one used WITH line-x what were the chances...but no emblems. I got the emblems now but do not want to guesstimate where they line up.

I was wondering the following:

-where the little toyota, big tundra, and 4x4 emblems land on the tailgate, I know they sit below the flat 2-3" part of the bottom of the tailgate, besides that im not sure.

-also any tips on how to get them on their straight? this double sided tape seems unforgiving so I want to do it right on attempt #1

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Now is your chance to be unique / creative, so that the tailgate does not look like very other one of the road. Food for thought.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
eyeball it. :) thats all most body shops do.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
what would be unique/ creative?
1. leaving the emblems off.
2. putting the emblems at the top
3. putting the emblems on the other side of the tailgate
4. someone with a gen 1 had cut the letters apart and spaced them out all the way across the tailgate.
5. just about anything else.

lots of choices to be unique/creative.

not alot of them good but there are a bunch of ideas out there

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
The first one has been done to death.
The rest would be different.
You could break apart the letters, color match them and spread across the center of the tailgate like the old time trucks use to do.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Unique / creative, as you just read and then wrote. Nothing wrong with going back to the stock look. But you can elegantly change it up so your truck is more recognizable from the the rear, without looking cheap / gaudy. Use one's imagination. We have plenty of de-badged photos, surely someone has pix of a slight change up for the OP.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
put them on upside down for the WTF factor. :)

u could rearrange the letters and spell something weird.

or u could just stick in on thre where u think it goes and call it quits. i'd measure mine for you but my tailgate has been repainted so i dont know if its accurate or not.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Most likely there is shadowing from the original letters if it has not been repainted.
Other than that, just take a pic of the back of a truck with badges and guesstimate. I heard it is not illegal/ void your warrenty if they are a bit off.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Parked by a 2010 tundra today. The emblems on their tailgate were about 3 inches higher than mine. Wonder if its part of the "new" body modifications they did to the 2010's??? To be exact they were right above the body line/crease on the bottom of the tailgate. But I say leave em off! It is your truck tho...

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
put a ford emblem on it. :)

we have a ford crown vic one of our techs put a chevy emblem on the trunk as a joke one day (they have to remove the chevy bowtie for our graphics) and its been on there for 3 or 4 years now...looks stupid but no one takes it off hahaha.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I saw a Gen-1 Tundra With a Ford Emblem next to the Toyota, and it had the Newer style F-150 logo by the front fenders.... I felt like flipping him off for a reason, but it's his truck?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
haha you guys kill me with the responses. :rolleyes:

I have had the emblems off for a while but i think its time to put them back.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
no one with a factor paint job and factory emblem placement wants to measure them for this guy? i would but mine are probally just eyeballed.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
i don't have 4wd. anyways its not cabinet making. keeping it level and in the right general area would do.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ok here it goes....The Tundra is on the left side 2 inches from the bottom of the tail gate and 3/4 inches from the side. The Toyota is a 1/4 inch above that and directly lined up with the first T in Tundra. The 4x4 is on the right side 2 1/4 inches from the bottom and 5/8s from the side.
I hope that helps

1 - 20 of 21 Posts