Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2000 Tundra and the passenger side, tailgate hinge pivot is completely missing. The hinge on the the tailgate is there, but there's just an open hole where the pivot should be coming out of the bed. Does anyone have a schematic for part number? And looking at it, I have no idea how it would be installed, there doesn't seem to be any bolts or anything that held it on in the first place. I tried to get the right part from the local dealership and they ordered my the hinge that bolts to the tailgate, which i have. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Shaun Copeland

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
I recently purchased a 2000 Tundra and the passenger side, tailgate hinge pivot is completely missing. The hinge on the the tailgate is there, but there's just an open hole where the pivot should be coming out of the bed. Does anyone have a schematic for part number? And looking at it, I have no idea how it would be installed, there doesn't seem to be any bolts or anything that held it on in the first place. I tried to get the right part from the local dealership and they ordered my the hinge that bolts to the tailgate, which i have. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Shaun Copeland
try this site:
www.toyoDIY.com

I found this part (66101E sub-Assy, tail Gate Male, RH), is it what your looking for.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, that looks like the right part. Thank you very much. I still don't see how it would be installed though, there are no bolt holes or anything that i can tell to keep it in place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts