Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the tailgate lock is something I will probably never use but for some reason when I was standing near the tailgate, i thought, lets check it out. to my suprise the key would not turn in the tailgate lock. Has anyone else tried theirs? I tried it several times with key in both orientations.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Make sure you're not using the Valet key. The Valet key will only open the door and turn the engine on. It will not open the glovebox or tailgate. My valet key is grey, and the two "real" keys are black.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Also make sure the tailgate is completely shut or completely open. It will not lock when partly latched.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Make sure you're not using the Valet key. The Valet key will only open the door and turn the engine on. It will not open the glovebox or tailgate. My valet key is grey, and the two "real" keys are black.
Doh! What a bonehead. :eek: Never even noticed there were different colored keys, I was just using the one the dealership gave me when I picked up the truck. Threw the others in the safe and never gave a second look. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
A Salesman worth anything would go over features in your manual and explain to some degree what you have just done and if he didn't you were just too excited to remember cause i feel they did to some extenet and ya just missed it. My Salesman did a great job and turned down corners in manual and said read and understand what he thought was important!!:D i also was blinded with new purchase, missed no tranny dipstick and that took me couple week to figure out but i have moved on and still do not like it but love the drive!!:tu: :tu:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts