Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
5,061 Posts
It's a shame that the deezee never made it to market for us dc owners.
Lets load their inbox full of requests. Maybe a hundred or so inquiries if/when they'll have the EZ Down product available for our trucks will get some movement. Here's the link to use. Dee Zee Truck Accessories Even though its for the "tech line" (nothing listed for general inquiries, just phone number and mailing address), I'm confident our requests will get forwarded to the appropriate department/person.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I guess I'm wondering what exactly it is that is preventing Dee Zee from doing this for the Tundras. Is it not feasible for them without drilling? Is there not enough clearance for the gas shock? If someone ordered one for a tailgate that was similar in weight, would it work?

I found some close up pictures on this link: Dee Zee EZ Down Tailgate Assist Kit | Tailgate Assists | Shop Now . I think I'll go take a look at my tailgate later to see if there are any glaring issues.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Lets load their inbox full of requests. Maybe a hundred or so inquiries if/when they'll have the EZ Down product available for our trucks will get some movement. Here's the link to use. Dee Zee Truck Accessories Even though its for the "tech line" (nothing listed for general inquiries, just phone number and mailing address), I'm confident our requests will get forwarded to the appropriate department/person.
message sent!

·
Premium Member
837 Posts

·
2,875 Posts
We tried bombarding dee zee before after they first anounced that they weren't going to follow through with the dc kit. It didn't work. We need a kit akin to a garage door spring that will take the tailgate weight and apply it to a spring as it goes down.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The only Toyota version they make is for the 2007+ Tacoma. If there is enough clearance it might fit with little or no modifications. It might be worth a try even if I have to buy two to handle the weight

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sent my message.

·
Premium Member
7,925 Posts
Vincas, did you take the springs off your garage door? That's the manly thing to do

Now that is comedy! Tried to send points but unable.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
This is something I'm currently working on. I'll post my results in a couple weeks after I've had a chance to track down the needed parts and see if they work.

mj

·
Registered
295 Posts
This is something I'm currently working on. I'll post my results in a couple weeks after I've had a chance to track down the needed parts and see if they work.

mj
woo hoo!

·
5,061 Posts

mj
hopefully with the little shocky thingys instead of the garage door spring or crowbar ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
hope someone finds a solution for us. seems like the doublecab owners got shafted in more than one way with regards to mods which were available on other tundras.

·
Registered
27 Posts

mj
Did you ever get the soft down tailgate project done ? It seams that it would be a huge hit amongst us 1st gen DC’s

·
Registered
27 Posts

mj
Did you ever get the soft down tailgate project done ? It seams that it would be a huge hit amongst us 1st gen DC’s

21 - 35 of 35 Posts