Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take a look at this picture - pic finally shows up

A lot of people have been complaining of the front of the Tundra for having too much chrome or being too snout like from headon. I though to my self, what if this style design was a little different in retrospect. I photoshopped a new front to the truck. I first thought of modifying the headlights because some said they were too small for the truck, When I did, it looked too much like the GMC, so I kept the origional. I think this design from a haters perspective of the origional design may like this better. It is more streamlined and trucklike to their eyes. What do you think

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
Pic doesn't show, can't use coding from your cpu. It has to be hosted somewhere other than your harddrive. Use the Manage Attachments option, it's easier.

·
Registered
132 Posts
You can't just post a link from your computer. It needs to be hosted on a server on the internet.

Here's what most people use - ImageShack® - Hosting

Upload the image there and post the link here inside IMG tags or just post the URL.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Looks good to me! I would have been just as happy with either, because I like the look of the new Tundra...unlike some others.

However, I think people who currently say that the Tundra looks like a cross between a Ram and an F150, would just say that your version looks like a cross between a Ram and a GMC.

There's just no way to please everybody. Those who complain that Toyota ripped off American styling, would just say that the Tundra looks to Japanese if they hadn't made the Tundra resemble American trucks.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Looks good to me. The smaller grill does make a difference (better) but I really don't have a problem with the appearance of the current Tundra and find it to be one of the most attractive trucks on the road today in person. For some reason, the Tundra's proportions make more sense when you see it in person.

I've never found the Silverados to be attractive trucks (I find all the pre-GMT900 models ugly) and have always been more of a F150-Ram kinda guy. I also think the Titan is a good looking truck. The Tundra combines elements of the F150, Ram and the previous Tundra and to me, comes out looking great!

The new Silverado is a huge improvement over the GMT800s but I still prefer the Tundra's design. I think that the Tundra and the Titan are now the most attractive trucks on the road followed by the Silverado/Sierra, F150 and the Ram. The F150 and Ram still look good but a little dated.

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
You can always post here on TS and then link to the pic :rolleyes:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ill see what I can do, the problem though is I am actually not using photoshop. It probably would make my job a lot easier. I am using paintbrush. The technique is cut and paste and others.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This design will generally not change the overall look of the truck. It will only appeal to the GMC or maybe chevy truck owners. IT seems to appeal to ford and dodge owners though. GMC does not like the origional design only because it is very front curvy. If that appealed to them, they would have bought a ford or a dodge. This new design will utlimatly blend the squareness that gmc owners want and still be completly box like from the profile. That is the reasoning behind my design points.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That is an 07 Sierra grill.
That utlimaly is a coincodence, I actually did everything from scratch using cut and paste from the origonal tundra. NO SIERRA components were used. the sierra looking grill i hope would help bring in more chevy and GMC people to like the tundra

·
Toyota Lifer
862 Posts
I hate the grille of the 07'. Any change would be an improvement;) I checked one out in person last week and liked the trruck but the grille.....yuck. I'm sure someone will come up with a sweet aftermarket soon.

With such a large grille maybe something along the lines of an IS grille with a color matched surround and a mesh middle would rock:tu:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Now that you say it, it really looks too much like the grill was stolen from the GMC and weakened my redesign intent. Now here is a better one. compare both. the refinement is right after the other.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts