Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a description and/or pictures of this process. I know how to get the seats out of the truck, just curious about the steps to get side panels off - especially driver side bucket power.

I have a 2008 DC SR5.

Thanks,
Luther

·
Registered
141 Posts
I didn't take any pics along the way but it's pretty simple and straight forward, you'll have no problem figuring things out. The scariest part is cutting the holes for the headrests because you know if you cut wrong it's trashed. Google Katzkin install and you'll find at least one video and it shows how to cut the holes.
Putting the headrest covers on is a little tough but can be done dry (with no silicone) if you work at it. If you want to make it easier you can take a thin office type garbage bag, slip it over the headrest after you take the cloth off, stick your shop vac in the open end of the bag and it compresses the foam. If you have someone to help, you can run the vac and bag while they very easily slip the new leather cover on and position it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback - I've watched the Ford seat video a couple of times, it's a great example of the process.

Another question/poll - how many of you have used hog rings versus wire ties? Any downside to the wire tie method? Sure seems like it would be easier to pull the katzkin cover down as you draw the wire tie tight, versus sticking the hog ring and tool down in the crevice.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just did mine for my 2010 Sequoia so the process for the seats may not be exactly the same. For me, there were three or four small screws holding the plastic skirt onto the seat. Just pop off seat adjustment buttons, unscrew the screws, then remove the skirt. I used the hog rings and think they may be easier to use than zip ties. The hog ring pliers do a good job of pulling the cover down tight. I'd recommend getting both a straight pliers as well as an angled set.

·
Registered
722 Posts
best prices you guys have found for them?

·
Registered
12 Posts
399 on ebay with 20 dollar shipping. I am putting mine on right now but having some trouble with the lay back seats, did you guys use hog rings on the vertical sections going down the front of the seat backs? It rips right through the white canvas strap going long the inside of the covers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts